Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone on the road yet?

Posted By: ThreePeppers

Anyone on the road yet? - 08/31/17 09:24 PM

My son has to work until noon tomorrow so we'll be hitting 20 headed west about 1. Should make the lease by 5. All together now, westbound and down...
Posted By: DirtNapTET

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 08/31/17 09:25 PM

Headed out this evening after 5 Stand League!
Posted By: TiggerV

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 08/31/17 09:29 PM

Leaving work a little early tonight....Hitting road around 11am myself....

Roll 'em up, and TRUCKIN'
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 08/31/17 09:47 PM

I will caution you all to cognizant of the current dilemma if you are heading out west this weekend. The dang media has blown this "non-existent supposed gasoline shortage" up to the point it's causing mass hysteria. Gas stations are 30-70 cars deep currently in Midland. Several stations are already out of gas. I have heard from Dallas to San Angelo to Midland it is like this. Complete stupidity on the medias part and ignorance on the publics part in my opinion. I am not trying to add to this nonsense but you may find yourself out of gas if you aren't prepared for the craziness that is going on currently. Just be prepared and be safe.

Rant over.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 08/31/17 10:22 PM

exactly
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 08/31/17 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Theringworm
I will caution you all to fill up at every gas station you can and to travel with an extra full gas can. The dang media has blown this "non-existent supposed gasoline shortage" up to the point it's causing mass hysteria. Gas stations are 30-70 cars deep currently in Midland. Several stations are already out of gas. I have heard from Dallas to San Angelo to Midland it is like this. Complete stupidity on the medias part and ignorance on the publics part in my opinion. I am not trying to add to this nonsense but you may find yourself out of gas if you aren't prepared for the craziness that is going on currently. Just be prepared and be safe.

Rant over.

So just contribute to the problem?
Posted By: Theringworm

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 08/31/17 11:18 PM

There, I edited it to be more clear. I am not suggesting to contribute to the problem, but if you are not prepared for what is currently happening or aware of it, you will have greater problems than what you were expecting.

Simply trying to give you all a heads up. You can do what you wish.
Posted By: aeb

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 08/31/17 11:35 PM

The gang is gathering around on my place.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 08/31/17 11:41 PM

In Abilene the gas situation was normal early this morning, by noon panic had set in. Lines started to get long and some places did run out of fuel.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 09/01/17 12:49 AM

It's stupid...it's was like a wildfire in a windstorm....the panic is creating the shortage. Facebook is a major contributor...but when the run begins there's a choice to make filler up or risk not getting any.

And I was going to be going to Conroe to see my grandson this weekend for his birthday party but now that's on hold. As much as I want to be there, I don't want to be there and not be able to make home because I can't find fuel.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 09/01/17 01:58 AM

I hunt about 10 miles from the house so will leave the in the morning or should I go to town and and find some gas.
scratch rofl
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 09/01/17 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Deerhunter61
It's stupid...it's was like a wildfire in a windstorm....the panic is creating the shortage. Facebook is a major contributor...but when the run begins there's a choice to make filler up or risk not getting any.

And I was going to be going to Conroe to see my grandson this weekend for his birthday party but now that's on hold. As much as I want to be there, I don't want to be there and not be able to make home because I can't find fuel.

The same thing was happening a long time before Facebook ever showed up. I have seen more about the gas situation today on the news than any forum or Facebook.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 09/01/17 04:17 AM

I'm in Florida, will there be gas when I get home? slinger
Posted By: decook

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 09/01/17 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Theringworm
There, I edited it to be more clear. I am not suggesting to contribute to the problem, but if you are not prepared for what is currently happening or aware of it, you will have greater problems than what you were expecting.

Simply trying to give you all a heads up. You can do what you wish.

I just read this. Thanks for the PSA Theringworm, I had no idea this was going on. I'll be leaving later this morning for Sonora.
Posted By: rogerh

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 09/01/17 11:55 AM

Loading now to go to Eldorado hopefully make it there and back on a tank of fuel. Taking
an extra 5 gal of diesel just in case.
Posted By: ThreePeppers

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 09/01/17 12:00 PM

Has anyone checked the Love's truck stops along 20? I normally hit either Ranger or Baird along the way although I can make it round trip without filling up as long as I don't do too much running around on the lease. Like rogerh though, I'll probably go ahead and take an extra 5-10 gallons with me. Be safe everyone!
Posted By: erathar

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 09/01/17 06:30 PM

I'm in the hospital right across the street from a big stripes. Th hospital is literally right on the bayfront in Corpus. Their are currently 3 vehicles fueling up. Most at one time has been 5 out 16 pumps.
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: Anyone on the road yet? - 09/01/17 06:55 PM

Same crazy gas situation in Austin. My F150 Raptor only gets 13MPG (on a good day) frown but ...... my dove lease is only 24 miles away. My Lab and I will be there for the evening hunt. grin
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum