Texas Hunting Forum

Would you watch a youtube channel that has......

Posted By: cntryislandboy

Would you watch a youtube channel that has...... - 08/30/17 10:30 PM

I currently have a youtube channel with 95% hunting and fishing videos on it. It's a very new channel but growing slowly. My other passion is photography and videography.

I was just curious if I was to add photography and videography videos and how they related to hunting and fishing if that sounds like a channel you would be interested in or just stick to the hunting and fishing videos. I'm asking because I don't want to clutter a hunting/fishing channel with a bunch of photo/video related videos if no one will watch or not want to filter through and leave the channel.

Now whey I say add these photo/video type videos they would be topics like equipment, editing tips, camera settings, camera angels, how to get audio, and other related videos that would tie into photographing and recording your hunts and fishing trips. I'd like to be able to provide the ability for you to watch a hunting video, then also produce a "how was that filmed" or a "behind the scenes" video.

So would photo/video type videos be helpful to you? Do you even document your trips?

Your thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Would you watch a youtube channel that has...... - 08/30/17 10:41 PM

It wouldn't interest me. I don't feel the need to record every waking moment of my life. A couple pics with the iPhone will do just fine.
Posted By: rdhibbs

Re: Would you watch a youtube channel that has...... - 08/30/17 11:21 PM

Why not do a separate channel with links, then each could have their own followers. Not every photographer or video makers like hunting and fishing. Each hobby could stand on its own.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Would you watch a youtube channel that has...... - 08/31/17 12:10 AM

not so much
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Would you watch a youtube channel that has...... - 08/31/17 01:22 AM

No. I feel the growing trend towards having to make a big deal about filming, camera logistics, etc. is a big navel-gazing turnoff. The best camera work is when the viewer forgets there is a camera.
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Would you watch a youtube channel that has...... - 08/31/17 01:36 AM

Yes, I would, and I would be much more likely to watch that than your hunting and fishing channel. No offense, I don't know you and have never seen your channel, but there are a ton of guys posting videos of their adventures on youtube. There is a very short list of channels I watch, and it would be very difficult for someone new to break through, even if you are very good.

However, I also enjoy photography and am constantly looking for instructional videos about stuff I don't know. When I am looking for "how-to" videos, I am much less selective about whose I watch. If you had content specific to hunting and fishing, I would definitely be interested. It would certainly stand out in a sea of videos on techniques that I have to adapt to hunting and fishing.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Would you watch a youtube channel that has...... - 08/31/17 10:44 AM

Yes I think it's needed for some that post videos on this site. Some of them are really bad!

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum