Texas Hunting Forum

Anybody want some free hunting stands?

Posted By: Old Stony

Anybody want some free hunting stands? - 08/06/17 08:33 PM

I have decided to purchase some fiberglass stands to replace some of my older wood ones. I have a couple 4x4's that maybe need a little tlc, but can be made serviceable with a board or two and a few screws. They are located close to Canton. All you need is to bring a truck or trailer and some muscle and they are yours for FREE! They are still in the woods just outside town, but in places where you can pretty much just back up to them. Give me a text or call at 903-385-0618......Jerry
Posted By: rdhibbs

Re: Anybody want some free hunting stands? - 08/07/17 12:33 AM

I wish you were closer, I would get them for our 4 h kids.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Anybody want some free hunting stands? - 08/07/17 03:25 AM

I can bring them to Quanah or Childress. But it will be a couple weeks my truck is in the body shop.

Re: Anybody want some free hunting stands? - 08/07/17 04:17 AM

That is kind of you, I have to get the front end on my suburban fixed and it will be a while.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Anybody want some free hunting stands? - 08/07/17 04:44 AM

I may be interested and could use them for the Fort Hood guided hunting program. The training area I guide in has almost 30 stands many are very old and weathered but the army only gives us enough wood to build two stands a yr and all the other building and repairs are out of the guides pockets. If you would be ok with me using them for that purpose I would be glad to use them. This is not for personal use but for our guided hunters who are mostly active, former, or retired Military.
Posted By: Old Stony

Re: Anybody want some free hunting stands? - 08/07/17 10:09 AM

I have a fella coming to pick them up today. Hopefully the rain doesn't interfere too much.

Re: Anybody want some free hunting stands? - 08/07/17 12:26 PM

Stony, Glad you found them a home and thank you so much for the offer.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Anybody want some free hunting stands? - 08/07/17 04:11 PM

That's a great offer.
I've refurbished blinds that most people would have burned rather than mess with! roflmao
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Anybody want some free hunting stands? - 08/08/17 12:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Old Stony
I have a fella coming to pick them up today. Hopefully the rain doesn't interfere too much.
up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum