Texas Hunting Forum

Pro Staffing

Posted By: Brother in-law

Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 12:59 AM

If you are in the know, what are the perks? Free stuff? Discounted stuff? Pay?

What does a low level forum prostaffer get?
Posted By: Rustler

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 01:20 AM

A cap & a 6oz bag of peanuts.
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 02:00 AM

Free bottle of fake doe pee. up
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 02:07 AM

yeti
Posted By: 505ed

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 03:22 AM

Hummm...makes the person seem in the know...free stuff...and you get to say you are a pro staff member...that is about it.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 03:42 AM

My buddy did it for cabelas for awhile. Few freebies discounts and had to promote. At least that's what I got out of what I saw.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 03:59 AM

PM your buddy Jtprocaddie lol. He has that prostaff thing on lockdown homie P.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 04:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law

Normal employee pricing mainly. Some are capped on amount though.
Free is a very niche niche group. Vast majority are Similar to outfitter programs.

There is one over level of prostaff that you get free stuff and a big check, if you deliver.. it's called sales rep.

Posted By: dkershen

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 04:14 AM

Had a short lived Prostaff gig with Walls when they first started producing hunting clothing. Got some free meals and free clothing out of it. Had to provide feedback on both good and bad features. Lost the gig when one of the hunters I recommended for the program caused a ruckus and ultimately got the clothing designer that brought us in fired. (He's now an ex-friend). It was cool to see some of the design improvements I recommended hit the market.
Posted By: Justin T

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Normal employee pricing mainly. Some are capped on amount though.
Free is a very niche niche group. Vast majority are Similar to outfitter programs.

There is one over level of prostate that you get free stuff and a big check, if you deliver.. it's called sales rep.

eek2

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 04:39 AM

Good caught!!! Lol

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 04:58 AM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
Had a short lived Prostaff gig with Walls when they first started producing hunting clothing. Got some free meals and free clothing out of it. Had to provide feedback on both good and bad features. Lost the gig when one of the hunters I recommended for the program caused a ruckus and ultimately got the clothing designer that brought us in fired. (He's now an ex-friend). It was cool to see some of the design improvements I recommended hit the market.

Just saw that Gary Roberson with the Carnivore show is sponsored Pro-staff with Walls, and probably a number of other products. Will see if he can chime-in on the topic.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 12:25 PM

Just saw that Gary Roberson with the Carnivore show is sponsored Pro-staff with Walls, and probably a number of other products. Will see if he can chime-in on the topic.

offtopic Met the father and son back around 1977 when they were still in Clebourne and privately owned. They sold while I was doing some consulting with them. Only worked for the two, never met anyone else in the company.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 12:48 PM

There's some legitimate prostaffing going on these days, but the majority is such a circus that I want no part of it. The clowns try so hard to become a pro staffer, as though that somehow validates them as a hunter, then that's all you hear about. We've seen that first hand with our own Bill Jordan wannabe on this forum.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 12:54 PM

A buddy of mine pro staffs for some archery related companies. From my conversations with him it sounds like each company has their own requirements but none require much time or effort. I don't think he gets free stuff from any of them, but he gets discounts and some are pretty good. One of the companies (I don't recall which) is also involved in a coop with several other companies so he gets discounts with all of those companies too without being a rep for them. All in all it seems like a pretty good gig, you just need to confirm what's expected of you going in.
Posted By: Thrice

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 01:45 PM

See if you qualify for experticity, they have some pretty good discounts. Got some Costas for $50

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Thrice
See if you qualify for experticity, they have some pretty good discounts. Got some Costas for $50

I just bought two pairs of those myself. One of those deals I just couldn't pass up.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Thrice

All Fire, Police and Military qualify.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 05:42 PM

We hire pro staff to work show and promotions. Except for a shirt and hat nothing free.
We do pay them or let them trade their working hours for hunting stuff or guns.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 07:55 PM

For most it is an honorary thing. It makes some guy feel important and makes the company owner think he has made the big time. I used to get requests for people to be my "pro staff". They went to spam with the other trash.

A lot of the FNG's in the callmaking field, before they know which end is up they will have a website, a professional logo, and the pro staffs. They think they will be the next "duck dynasty" TV star and make millions. Of the ones that started 5 years ago, about half have quit making calls and most of the other half still haven't paid for their equipment.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
There's some legitimate prostaffing going on these days, but the majority is such a circus that I want no part of it. The clowns try so hard to become a pro staffer, as though that somehow validates them as a hunter, then that's all you hear about. We've seen that first hand with our own Bill Jordan wannabe on this forum.

I'm calling myself ProStaff for Sako, Eberlestock, and Federal Premium on this trip I'm on now. Does it count if they have never heard of me? whistle
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

I'm calling myself ProStaff for Sako, Eberlestock, and Federal Premium on this trip I'm on now. Does it count if they have never heard of me? whistle

Great, now they'll sell the companies. rofl
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/06/17 09:12 PM

No sniping from the cheap seats. Now prostaffing for Samuel Adams beer until 10 PM tonight. smile
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Pro Sta - 08/07/17 02:10 PM

I think that the term is overused in this day and time and much of that is because many guys want a "title" that is associated with a company that is hunting related. Unfortunately, I think many companies take advantage of these good folks by furnishing a product at no expense in hopes that in this day of social media to get some advertising return.
All of my sponsors, Ruger, Trijicon, Hornady, Mossy Oak, Walls Hunting Apparel, Swagger Bipods, Elusive Wildlife Technologies and Mossy Oak Properties of Texas expect to see their business grow from their relationship with me. I am compensated and some expect me to make appearances at Shot Show and certain consumer shows. From time to time, I am asked for input on the development of products, especially those used for predator hunting and I have helped design several rifles and rifle scopes. Walls asks us for input on the design of some of their hunting apparel.
My longest relationship with any of my sponsors is Mossy Oak. I was put on their original Elite Pro Staff in 1992 and hope to be around until I hang it up. Unlike most guys who are producing a TV show, we are the only show out there where the sponsors came to us and asked if we would produce a show on predator calling and hunting. I declined for two years but after Mossy Oak, Nikon and Savage really got behind us, finally agreed to do so.
I will not promote a product that I do not believe in, I must use it in the field long enough to know that it will work before I will put my name on it. CARNIVORE is one of the most watched shows in all of outdoor programming and has been for almost 7 years. I will not promote a product on the show just to get a check as I owe honesty to my loyal viewers.
Long story, short, there are a lot of guys throwing the title of Pro Staffer around and I blame this on the companies that are using them. There are lots of different levels of Pro Staffers and at the higher levels, the sponsor expects a return. In many ways, you become an employee of that company. Sorry I rambled too long.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary Roberson

Re: Pro Sta - 08/07/17 02:26 PM

Excellent insight Gary up

aerangis... you just be bragging. roflmao
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Pro Sta - 08/07/17 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Yeah, you're good to go. I'm pretty sure that's all it takes.
Posted By: BDB

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/07/17 10:41 PM

If its anything like fishing you get a hat and shirt with all the patches. I swear I could not understand why Rick Clunn and Kevin Vandam fished our local lakes so much. Then I realized one day it was just our local pro staffer catching some sandies roflmao Or like the time I saw Lance Armstrong biking thru my neighborhood....then another brain fart evaporated and I relized the cronie lookalike was just a neighbor getting in some exorcise.

In all seriouness its more of a feel good pride thing. No way the time spent for what you get makes it worth while. If you truly can market a product at a high level (whether you really know or believe in the product is not relevant) then you can and should aim higher and get something REALLY nice back....like a PAY CHECK. The company's have all the free local reps they can handle. But really just how many "openings" does a company have though? Those jobs are coveted and filled. You almost need to show them they need to create an opening if your that talented. But if working in your spare time in the industry makes you happy and gets a shirt on the back go for it. Its your time and life, nobody's else.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/07/17 11:50 PM

I think some pro staffers hurt the products they are pushing more than helping. I know I'll never buy anything jtprocaddie says is good to go bc he has no legitimacy when it comes to quality hunting products. Hell at this point I wouldn't own anything ATN if they tried to give it to me for free just bc of JT.
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/08/17 12:48 AM

I just want to be a silent, honorary prostaffer. With discount codes, free stuff and reburbs. bolt

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/08/17 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
I just want to be a silent, honorary prostaffer. With discount codes, free stuff and reburbs. bolt

You eventually move in to product testing. My 4 year old just got a job
Posted By: 7mag

Pro staff=free loaders - 08/08/17 06:01 PM

If you look right under your nose, here in the THF there are numerous so called wannabe "pro staffers". I honestly don't give a crap on the time and effort they put into it what I do have a problem with is the "skimming" they do.

Look in the guides and outfitters section. A few are always looking for hunts or such. They basically have absolutely nothing to offer the land owner except some amarish u tube video or such. We will film your ranch and make you a few millions.

Pro Staffers on here are more like free loaders. They know it, we know it but they keep pushing for that free hunt. They sometimes get it from some. Not many on here are legit. I hate to drop names but maybe they will chime in juggle
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Pro staff=free loaders - 08/08/17 06:19 PM

Boy am I late to this party.

As usual a day late and a snarky comment short.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Pro staff=free loaders - 08/08/17 09:58 PM

This is a great thread with interesting viewpoints. It was getting a bit boring around here!

Re: Pro staff=free loaders - 08/08/17 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: ducknbass
Boy am I late to this party.

As usual a day late and a snarky comment short.

There is still plenty of room at the table!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Pro staff=free loaders - 08/09/17 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: 7mag
If you look right under your nose, here in the THF there are numerous so called wannabe "pro staffers". I honestly don't give a crap on the time and effort they put into it what I do have a problem with is the "skimming" they do.

Look in the guides and outfitters section. A few are always looking for hunts or such. They basically have absolutely nothing to offer the land owner except some amarish u tube video or such. We will film your ranch and make you a few millions.

Pro Staffers on here are more like free loaders. They know it, we know it but they keep pushing for that free hunt. They sometimes get it from some. Not many on here are legit. I hate to drop names but maybe they will chime in juggle

peep i tried ta get Equate Hemerrhoid cream ta sponcer me... bang they said i was to much of a pan n the____.... bolt flag

Re: Pro staff=free loaders - 08/09/17 02:08 AM

I'm a pro staff member for Mountain Dew and Magnum Condoms
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Pro staff=free loaders - 08/09/17 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

They almost had me sold on one of them condoms, till found out only use it once a year & the share part flag
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/09/17 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
I just want to be a silent, honorary prostaffer. With discount codes, free stuff
and reburbs. bolt

When I was a young buck, I used to get major butt sore and envious seeing guys shooting o/u's that cost more than my house, and car. Now, I'm content with a Stoeger M3000.

ATN, Ossy Moke, blah blah, blah....... I can hunt in a tshirt and flip flops if I have to.

Personally, being a prostaffer for Christ is impressive. I could dig that gig, Having the sack to hunt souls, that would be extremely satisfying. Dropping your prey.... in the Baptismal fount. Priceless.

Posted By: alexramsey

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/10/17 08:18 AM

so much fun comments lol!
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Pro staff=free loaders - 08/11/17 04:53 PM

Magnum makes great conds, a bit big for me but great product.

Re: Pro staff=free loaders - 08/11/17 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By: 7mag

Magnum makes great conds, a bit big for me but great product.
I like loose fitting roflmao
Posted By: HuskerB

Re: Pro staff=free loaders - 08/11/17 05:24 PM

I'm a pro-staffer for keystone light and woodford reserve. My talents will be on display this evening, and probably again tomorrow.

B
Posted By: Gladesgator

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/11/17 05:36 PM

I think some pro staffers hurt the products they are pushing more than helping. I know I'll never buy anything jtprocaddie says is good to go bc he has no legitimacy when it comes to quality hunting products. Hell at this point I wouldn't own anything ATN if they tried to give it to me for free just bc of JT.

Your a good judge of character. cheers
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Pro Staffing - 08/15/17 03:38 PM

Marketing hype. I've heard so much BS spounted on this forum regarding thermals I've stopped reading thd threads.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum