Texas Hunting Forum

Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds

Posted By: ChadTRG42

Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/27/17 03:47 PM

Has anyone used these Walker Game Ear Buds? I'm thinking about getting these for when out on the gun range. I was curious to the effectiveness of reducing the sound of gun fire, and how you like them. I can get these on sale through my FFL dealer discount right now for a great price.

Walkers Ear Buds

Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/27/17 04:39 PM

I don't know but sure am curious how well they work.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/27/17 11:54 PM

Me too!

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/27/17 11:59 PM

Ok Chad. Mike and I nominate you to buy and field test. We expect a report ASAP.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/28/17 12:04 AM

I have these and am very happy with them:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/275487/...flat-dark-earth

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/28/17 12:43 AM

Those are interesting.
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/28/17 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: syncerus

Do those amplify?
My old ears could use some help in the field.
Posted By: Adchunts

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/28/17 02:29 AM

Subscribed...very interested in an unbiased review. Have permanent hearing loss from a jackwagon in the duck blind. Been using amplified muffs since, but are bulky and hot (especially during teal season).
Posted By: Mike Mathena

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/28/17 04:24 AM

Originally Posted By: MikeC

Do those amplify?

It says it does,
"Hi-gain omnidirectional microphones provide super clear sound enhancement. HD speakers in the ear buds give wide range audio quality."

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/28/17 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: poisonivie
Ok Chad. Mike and I nominate you to buy and field test. We expect a report ASAP.

Done! I ordered them yesterday, and they should be here in a few days to test. I'll let you know!
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/28/17 03:13 PM

following

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/28/17 03:18 PM

found a review of them on here

https://www.amazon.com/Walkers-Game-Ear-...rds=walkers+ear
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/29/17 01:29 PM

Ordered a set as well. Should be here Friday
Posted By: Stub

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/29/17 01:36 PM

Heck of a lot less expensive at Midway versus Amazon up
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 06/30/17 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeC

Do those amplify?

Yes, they do. They are also very convenient.

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/01/17 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
Has anyone used these Walker Game Ear Buds? I'm thinking about getting these for when out on the gun range. I was curious to the effectiveness of reducing the sound of gun fire, and how you like them. I can get these on sale through my FFL dealer discount right now for a great price.

Walkers Ear Buds

Well, I got these in and wore them around the house a little. They work great so far. Fit is good, and I can hear normal conversations. When I clap, I don't hear it (but my wife was wondering why I was clapping!) I'll try them out at the gun range next trip.

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/01/17 08:32 PM

ON my list to buy
Posted By: el_cazador713

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/01/17 11:43 PM

Tag for later..

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/02/17 02:35 PM

I'll wait for a bonafide range report but this sounds favorable. Thanks for being the guinea pig, Chad.
Posted By: Tru2lifetaxidermy

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/02/17 08:45 PM

Mark
Posted By: VarmintSniper30

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/05/17 05:53 PM

I am also curious to hear a range report

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/05/17 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: poisonivie
I'll wait for a bonafide range report but this sounds favorable. Thanks for being the guinea pig, Chad.

No problem. I've been wanting some for a while that didn't require muffs. The muffs break the seal sometimes when I'm shooting, and I get the loud bangs. Plus, muffs are hot and sweaty during the summer.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/06/17 03:10 AM

Notice all the ear plugs.... rofl
Posted By: duckhunter76

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/06/17 02:47 PM

I'm curious to hear the final review, I've been using the Radians pro-amp muffs for years. I love them but they get real hot in the summer.
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/06/17 10:07 PM

Just would like to no if you can tell direction of sound ? have the walkers ear muffs for turkey hunting but can't pin point direction of gobble with them. Forrest
Posted By: MoTex

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/08/17 11:27 PM

These walkers game ear buds are great! Friend on my lease has some. Better than muffs, not as hot and bulky.

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/10/17 02:54 PM

Have only wore mine around the house so far, but they def amplify. Hard to sort all the different sounds from three kids running around and the various tv noises.

Will be testing at the range very soon
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/10/17 03:17 PM

I looked at the ESP ear plug website yesterday, dam $900-$2600
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/10/17 03:27 PM

I guess fit is very important here for hunting. I cant leave anything in my ear 3 hrs+ muffs either.

shotgunning in summer, I use the Howard Lieght foam plugs

Shooting handguns or rifle at a bench with people around me, especially when there is a roof over me. I use the foam plugs and 33decible rated non electric muffs.

I have 3 pairs electric noise cancelling muffs, hardly ever wear them. I used to have them in the deer blind , got to be too much trouble so I use the Plugs on a string around my neck until its "go time" them lickem and stickem in.

Cant imagine anyone not using something these days, sure lets you concentrate on the shot.

wear these walker plugs for 3 hours and report back. of course I have goofy ear canals , not the same size whip

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/10/17 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
I guess fit is very important here for hunting. I cant leave anything in my ear 3 hrs+ muffs either.

shotgunning in summer, I use the Howard Lieght foam plugs

Shooting handguns or rifle at a bench with people around me, especially when there is a roof over me. I use the foam plugs and 33decible rated non electric muffs.

I have 3 pairs electric noise cancelling muffs, hardly ever wear them. I used to have them in the deer blind , got to be too much trouble so I use the Plugs on a string around my neck until its "go time" them lickem and stickem in.

Cant imagine anyone not using something these days, sure lets you concentrate on the shot.

wear these walker plugs for 3 hours and report back. of course I have goofy ear canals , not the same size whip

I've been wearing ear plugs while working in Refinery's for the past 18+ years so I doubt the ear buds will bother me much. Will report back though
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/12/17 03:16 AM

Used a pair several years ago while dove hunting in Argentina. Worked very well for that. Trouble is i put them up and havent found them since.

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/13/17 02:06 AM

OK, Chad. Where's our report?

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/13/17 02:14 PM

I haven't been to the range yet with them. But I need to go in the next week, so report will be coming shortly!
Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/17/17 11:52 PM

Tag

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/24/17 12:17 PM

Allright, Chad, it's been long enough. Don't keep us waiting.

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/24/17 05:41 PM

Ok, I got to try them out this Saturday at the shooting match. They did ok. I had to play with the volume control a lot to get the volume right. When others were shooting, they worked fine and cut out the rifle report like normal electronic muffs would. It was 90+ degrees during the match, and the moisture would sometimes break the seal of the ear buds and I would have to push them back in again. One thing I did notice was how it picked up sounds. There was a lot of back ground sounds, like locust and bird sounds. These sounds were much more noticeable over normal conversations. When talking to other shooters, I would have to turn down the volume so these back ground noises would not be as loud.

Overall, I'd say they are a decent pair of ear buds. I would think these would be even better for hunting or in a the blind to amplify other sounds. The background sounds were much more amplified than a normal conversation would be. I wouldn't hesitate to use them for hunting.

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/24/17 06:12 PM

I'll 2nd what Chad has said even though I've only worn mine around the house. They def amplify (especially for someone who can't hear well like me), but if there are multiple noises it can get confusing.

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/24/17 10:27 PM

Thanks. I'm probably gonna try some for sporting clays.
Posted By: ccreyeder

Re: Walkers Game Ear- Ear Buds - 07/26/17 02:15 AM

Thanks for the report! I love my electronic ear muffs, but they make getting a good cheek weld a pain....when they kick the bucket, I will have to look into these.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum