Texas Hunting Forum

Interesting poll about millenial survival skills

Posted By: ALM TXhunter

Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 06:12 PM

I found this article on Field-n-stream online and thought it would be of interest to some. Poll suggests that the millenials lack poor survival skills. Very true in my opinion...

http://www.fieldandstream.com/new-poll-suggests-millennials-survival-skills-are-sorely-lacking
Posted By: Bobcat4119

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 06:19 PM

I have lost faith in "mankind" and humanity lol. It's a thing of the past.
Posted By:

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 06:34 PM

Posted By: chalet

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobcat4119

Plenty of idiots out there for sure and they are getting thicker. However, there are plenty of fine young men and women coming up these days.
Posted By: MarkE

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: deftsound

I don't hunt often, but when I do, it is in a high fence!
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 07:40 PM

I don't think we needed an article to point this out.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Originally Posted By: chalet

Plenty of idiots out there for sure and they are getting thicker. However, there are plenty of fine young men and women coming up these days.

Yup....seen lots of their pics posted here.....
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkE
Originally Posted By: deftsound

I don't hunt often, but when I do, it is in a high fence!

Please don't feed this high fence troll!

troll
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Originally Posted By: chalet

Yup....seen lots of their pics posted here.....

I'm very lucky to have two that give me hope for the future.

But....most of their friends have never shot a gun or been taught anything about outdoor survival.
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 08:15 PM

I think there's actually significant backlash against the wussy millenials to the point that parents are now raising their kids to specifically not be like them.

So while they will be a miserable, forgotten generation, kids should resume some level of ability soon.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 08:15 PM

Let me see... gotta find my shocked face....

hang on, its in here somewhere....

Posted By: Cleric

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 08:20 PM

Next big shocker. Old people are bad with technology

No duh younger people are not high on survival skills. They never had to and didn't grow up needing to
Posted By: MarkE

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Cleric

No duh younger people are not high on survival skills. They never had to and didn't grow up needing to

Very true...I can't believe millennials don't know how to use a typewriter. loco
Posted By: tShawnB

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 09:17 PM

As long as these liberal millennials are stocking their cabinets with food and water, I'll be just fine.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 09:25 PM

Easy there sir. Do you understand hexadecimal programming? (that is early computer days BTW). And please don't group all snowflakes into one bucket about survival skills - I would place my 2 twenty something boys against most - both urban and wilderness skills.
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 10:28 PM

Meanwhile Generation Z back here with the popcorn
#weekendwarrior
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/12/17 10:42 PM

Agree with HalfaDozen above. It all depends on how they were raised. Younger generations have been knocked for years and years, but somehow they always come through.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/13/17 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: MarkE

Very true...I can't believe millennials don't know how to use a typewriter. loco

Many do, actually. They're a specific type of millennial called a hipster. While there is hope for a handful of millenniels, there is none for the hipster.
Posted By: ALM TXhunter

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/13/17 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67
Let me see... gotta find my shocked face....

hang on, its in here somewhere....

If you already knew it then why did you post?
Posted By: TCUHUnter

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/13/17 02:09 AM

I blame the parents of millennials. It's not like a child comes out of the womb and says hey, I think I'll be a useless DB snowflake. I'm a millennial but I was raised by conservative/strict parents that taught me the importance of working hard. I can't stand the typical work ethics and sense of entitlement from millennials.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/13/17 02:54 AM

It is about the same with every generation. The percentage will fluctuate between generations, but not as much as most people think. There are 6 young men on my block that qualify as millennial, I know that at least 4 of them went deer hunting this year. The other 2, I am not sure about, both are bike types.
Posted By: nak

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/13/17 05:10 AM

A large percentage of our millennials become incapable of rational thought if their cell phone battery drops below 10%.

Our 22 year old was almost in a panic last weekend because we were on the way to special family dinner when she realized her cell phone was dead. The rest of the night she could not go more that 5 minutes without saying something about the dead phone or wanting someone to drive her to a store for a car charger.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/13/17 05:59 AM

Originally Posted By: nak
A large percentage of our millennials become incapable of rational thought if their cell phone battery drops below 10%.

Our 22 year old was almost in a panic last weekend because we were on the way to special family dinner when she realized her cell phone was dead. The rest of the night she could not go more that 5 minutes without saying something about the dead phone or wanting someone to drive her to a store for a car charger.

Who raised her?
Posted By: SR025

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/13/17 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

Who raised her?

popcorn
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/13/17 02:05 PM

99% of the American population didn't grow up needing survival skills. Going out to the "ranch" for a weekend deer hunt isn't exactly a dangerous expedition. Usually when people get in trouble it is due to poor decisions they have made. Stupid isn't confined to the millennial generation.
Posted By: Napa

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/13/17 04:28 PM

Every generation thinks the one before them were stupid and the one coming after them are lazy. My generation just happens to be right.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/13/17 10:04 PM

Who raised her?

Boom.

If you are fed up with Millenials...blame the Baby-Boomers, they raised them.
Posted By: Pitman

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/14/17 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: DocHorton

Who raised her?

Boom.

If you are fed up with Millenials...blame the Baby-Boomers, they raised them.

Actually i think generation X is responsible (baby boomers kids). I have two "millenials". Son 22, daughter 26. As young kids i took them hunting and fishing with me every chance i could. Guess what, neither cares for it now that they are older. Too each his own. They are both fine young adults.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Interesting poll about millenial survival skills - 01/14/17 03:43 AM

It is about the same with every generation. The percentage will fluctuate between generations, but not as much as most people think. There are 6 young men on my block that qualify as millennial, I know that at least 4 of them went deer hunting this year. The other 2, I am not sure about, both are bike types.

I have to disagree with this. I have been involved in the hiring process for my agency in some capacity for 17+/- years and I can tell you without a doubt I have seen a HUGE overall difference in applicants with the current generation. After seeing/interviewing many hundreds of applicants I can say with complete confidence the millennials on average are a completely different cat from previous generations. This goes for applicants we've hired and not hired.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum