Texas Hunting Forum

Parker Co Processor Recommendation

Posted By: TXW

Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/07/17 02:11 PM

Looking for a recommendation for a good processor in the Parker Co/Ft Worth area. Hope to bring in a few deer quartered this weekend and would like to have a good place to take them. Thanks.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/07/17 02:20 PM

Dan's Smokehouse in Weatherford. Great family run business.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/07/17 02:31 PM

I'll second Dan's Smokehouse. I've used them the last couple of years and I've been very satisfied. Very nice people.
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/07/17 02:56 PM

You cannot go wrong with Dan's Smokehouse!!! Deer processing $75, Hog $35 plus they make several products like sausage, jerky ect. If you want it. And you will get your animal!
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/07/17 03:56 PM

Dan. Good people that do good work.
Posted By: Spacemonkey

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/07/17 09:55 PM

Dans for sure. They are actually in peaster!
Posted By: Western

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/08/17 12:07 PM

Yep Dan's is the best around here hands down imo.
Posted By: erniejs

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/09/17 12:54 AM

Another vote for Dan's
Posted By: whtbeard

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/09/17 03:52 AM

Dan's for sure, nice fair family run place.
At south end of town of Peaster, turn right (east) on south side of school, drive about two miles east. Look for a blue tin type building on south side of road right off the hwy.
Posted By: JH117

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/10/17 01:27 AM

Never tried Dan's but I use old plantation in Springtown on 199. $75 for deer if ya pay cash, $85 if on a card. Great breakfast sausage too.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/10/17 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: JH117
Never tried Dan's but I use old plantation in Springtown on 199. $75 for deer if ya pay cash, $85 if on a card. Great breakfast sausage too.

Do the Hamptons still own it? They're some good people, too. We used them when I was a kid. They stopped processing deer for awhile. That was the only reason we stopped using them back then.
Posted By: AbeLinkkin

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/12/17 09:10 PM

I have used Teels Custom Meats. So far no problems.
Posted By: Dbonz

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/14/17 06:32 AM

I also have used Teels and been pleased with them.
Posted By: GMG1

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/14/17 06:36 PM

I Have mixed feelings about Dan's. I used them this year for the first time. I took 3 deer to them. It was nice to deal with a true family business. Great turn around time on meat and the euro mount I had done. A lot of the specialty stuff I had done is great, snack sticks, sausages and even deer bacon.
Some of the problems is, I have about 4 pounds of summer sausage that is inedible. This stuff is just funky, it's not just me I have had several people taste it and everyone agrees it is not good. And to be fair I have not contacted them yet about it. I also do not like that they do not vacuum pack loins and steaks. The only things that I received in a vacuum pack were sausages. But their price is less than other processors that I have used that did vacuum pack. Also if you leave more than one animal with them, and they call and say "your deer is ready" make sure it is everything you want to pick up. I drove an hour to find out only one deer was ready not all three.
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/14/17 08:29 PM

GMG1, call and ask for Dan I feel sure he will sort out any problems and make it right. He is a good man and honest.
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Parker Co Processor Recommendation - 01/17/17 05:07 PM

Neils in whitt is the best around. Teals and old plantation are garbage. Hamiltons by the post office used to be ok
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum