Texas Hunting Forum

Advice needed on wireless game cams

Posted By: Kung Fu Widgeon

Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/02/17 06:21 PM

What are some of the better game cameras? I would prefer the SIM card style rather than the Moultrie modem for instance.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/02/17 07:15 PM

I hear Spartan are the best, but they aren't cheap.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/02/17 08:19 PM

I have Stealthcams...very happy with them.
Posted By: TxAggie10

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/03/17 12:14 AM

Love my Spartan. AT&T SIM card. Takes some time to get all of the settings dialed in. Now that mine is dialed in just how I want it, battery life is great and I receive photos within 2 minutes of motion detected. $399 for the camera and $25 for 3 months of data.
Posted By: mustafa

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/03/17 03:52 AM

Do you have to have ATT
Originally Posted By: TxAggie10
Love my Spartan. AT&T SIM card. Takes some time to get all of the settings dialed in. Now that mine is dialed in just how I want it, battery life is great and I receive photos within 2 minutes of motion detected. $399 for the camera and $25 for 3 months of data.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/03/17 04:56 AM

Make sure you have good AT&T coverage in the area your trying to use it. 3 bars or better. I just assumed my coverage was good enough and now I'm going to sell it if I cant come up with a way to boost signal.
Posted By: Night Hunting TV

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/03/17 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
Make sure you have good AT&T coverage in the area your trying to use it. 3 bars or better. I just assumed my coverage was good enough and now I'm going to sell it if I cant come up with a way to boost signal.

None of my Spartans have more than 2 bars in the field and work great.
Posted By: brent99

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/03/17 06:06 PM

Thanks for the detail on this set up. I've been looking for something similar and have found limited reviews online. I plan to purchase and set up this summer.
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/03/17 06:24 PM

What is the model number for the Spartan wireless game cam you all recommend? I see one on Amazon that is for Verizon (Spartan HD GoCam (Verizon Version) 3G Wireless)
Posted By: Night Hunting TV

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/03/17 06:59 PM

I really like the black out models.

If your looking for a Verizon model and you currently have Verizon cell bill, I strongly advice to buy the GC-VCTb. It connects for $5 to your current Verizon plan. The Verizon cameras labeled GC-VZW* are stand alone plans and cost more.
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/03/17 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By: bornforit
I really like the black out models.

If your looking for a Verizon model and you currently have Verizon cell bill, I strongly advice to buy the GC-VCTb. It connects for $5 to your current Verizon plan. The Verizon cameras labeled GC-VZW* are stand alone plans and cost more.

Thanks. This is very helpful
Posted By: TxAggie10

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/04/17 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: mustafa
Do you have to have ATT
Originally Posted By: TxAggie10

I do have an AT&T Spartan Camera. My cell phone is also AT&T but that's irrelevant. The SIM card in the camera is a seperate account.

Like previously stated, I have 2 bars of service on my Spartan and it works perfectly.

There are booster antennas for Spartan cameras. I have one but haven't tried it yet. I have a friend that swears by his booster antenna.
Posted By: RabbitsFoot

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/05/17 09:37 AM

Been using Bushnells wireless with AT&T in East Texas for 2 seasons. $10/month. 4 month battery life. Very easy to set up and happy with performance
Posted By: jaygillespie

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/06/17 10:45 PM

check out Snyper Hunting Products
New Company
I got 2 last August and love them.
Using my AT&T unlimited text plan and can text or email you!!!
James is at the Dallas Safari Club booth 762 and has on sale I think for $230
tell him Jay sent you.
Posted By: 94 Sting

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/08/17 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: RabbitsFoot
Been using Bushnells wireless with AT&T in East Texas for 2 seasons. $10/month. 4 month battery life. Very easy to set up and happy with performance

Same answer as him but I'm in San Marcos area
Posted By: Santana72

Re: Advice needed on wireless game cams - 01/22/17 09:33 PM

How are you guys getting $10 month and $25 for. 3 months im using att on some wgi cameras i have they work fine for me but im paying $25 a month went to att store to activate the sim cards..pls help
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum