Texas Hunting Forum

Travel Trailer repair

Posted By: SSJR

Travel Trailer repair - 01/02/17 05:30 PM

Anyone have someone they have used in the past for roof repair in the Ft worth or Jacksboro area? Have one on our lease that needs some repair done.
Posted By: kk66

Re: Travel Trailer repair - 01/02/17 05:44 PM

I've not but I have a cousin that worked at a trailer roof repair place in houston for several years, He told me that unless there were rotten/rusted panels that needed replacing their standard repair was just to paint the roof with several coats of bed liner
Posted By: KG68

Re: Travel Trailer repair - 01/02/17 05:51 PM

Don't know where your trailer is at but Colt Sanders at On the road Camper Repair would be a good contact in Robinson, Tx. http://www.otracamperrepair.com/
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Travel Trailer repair - 01/03/17 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: SSJR
Anyone have someone they have used in the past for roof repair in the Ft worth or Jacksboro area? Have one on our lease that needs some repair done.

The 'repair' depends very much on how old the existing roof is and what your problems are. Also the condition of the underlayment (usually Lauan and/or OSB). IF there is trouble with either the underlayment or the roof bows....that will need to be addressed.

Roof repairs run the gamut from simple seam repairs (generally at the end of the trailer) to complete tear offs and replacement (if done correctly).

We are assuming this is a 'rubber roof'?
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Travel Trailer repair - 01/03/17 01:18 AM

I know a guy.... that has a bunch of wooden trusses pre-built... a few posts, top plates, trusses, then tarps until you want wood or metal roof.... do it yourself...
Posted By: billybob

Re: Travel Trailer repair - 01/03/17 10:58 AM

I've used these guys and they are quick, good and reasonable. They did 3 seam repairs for $250. Quoted doing the whole roof at $1250 (22ft)
Rogers RV Service Jacksboro
(940) 567-2295
Posted By: SSJR

Re: Travel Trailer repair - 01/03/17 02:53 PM

Thanks for the contacts and advice. I have replaced flooring, torn out plumbing refurbed the inside of a few campers but now I don't have the time and if I am going to redo a roof I want it done right.. I appreciate the help..

Re: Travel Trailer repair - 01/03/17 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: SSJR
Thanks for the contacts and advice. I have replaced flooring, torn out plumbing refurbed the inside of a few campers but now I don't have the time and if I am going to redo a roof I want it done right.. I appreciate the help..

A 'proper' roof replacement (if EPDM rubber) entails tearing off the old roof membrane, replacing any rotted/wet/molded underlayment (can involve wooden roof bows). Then mastic is applied and new roof material rolled out. After the adhesive has set the extra material is trimmed back and the metal trim on the sides and ends are reinstalled.

All roof vents, A/C units, skylights and plumbing vents will be installed and sealed.

This provides a 'seamless' roof save for the juncture of the rubber roof and both ends of the trailer.

IF you clean and treat the roof annually with a UV protectant (about $60.00 kit) your new roof should last 12-15 yrs. even if exposed to the sun.

Of course, you need to determine the value of the trailer and if your application (never moves, on a deer lease, etc) warrants the expense.

Whatever you choose to do....of prime importance, is to be certain you do NOT cover up any rotting wood. It will continue to spread.
Posted By: jakebunch

Re: Travel Trailer repair - 01/04/17 05:04 AM

Yes on Rogers RV Service in Jacksboro. They will go to the camper on your lease to do the work.
Posted By: a74aggie

Re: Travel Trailer repair - 01/05/17 10:58 PM

You don't find many service companies that will go to your camper !

Re: Travel Trailer repair - 01/06/17 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: a74aggie
You don't find many service companies that will go to your camper !

Not for a roof repair anyway. Many jobs (depending upon how involved) are best done in the 'shop'.

Small repairs can be done 'on site' and of course 'emergency' items (slide out stuck open, electric jacks/outriggers broken or stuck, axle issues, etc) have to be done right it sits.

There will be a 'service charge' to allow for mileage and travel time, but that rarely covers the expense of having a tech (or two) out the shop, so most RV repair companies try not to go on service calls.

In some instances....employee 'insurance' does not extend beyond the premises of the business. Another reason to avoid service calls.
Posted By: Dead Eye Mike

Re: Travel Trailer repair - 01/09/17 12:49 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum