Texas Hunting Forum

Dryden Texas hunting info

Posted By: Ccain2285

Dryden Texas hunting info - 12/29/16 08:19 PM

Looking to see i anyone has hunted just north of dryden texas. Looking to see what kind of game is there most mullies and, some whitetail or most whitetail and some mullies. Things that I have read are from many years prior. Just wanting to get a update i know that over the years game can change especially in this area. We used to hunt southeast of Mccamey, and wondering if it is like that around there as far as game goes. Thanks in advance for the help.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Dryden Texas hunting info - 12/30/16 02:24 PM

Mostly whitetails with a few mulies. The subdivisions have negatively affected the hunting in much of that country. Most of the ranches in that area were 10,000 acres and up and now many are chopped into small tracts of a couple hundred acres or less.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Dryden Texas hunting info - 01/04/17 12:31 PM

I hunted there about a month ago. Or, it was the closest town. We were about 25 miles from the highway and that area had all mulies. We didn't do any good but were only there for a weekend and it was after bow season when it had been hunted pretty hard. On the right place, larger than where we were, it can be pretty good. They took some good bucks with bows. I'll probably go back next year and bow hunt.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Dryden Texas hunting info - 01/04/17 03:17 PM

My in-laws hunt near Dryden (north of Pumpville) and have killed some decent bucks over the past 20 years (several in the 140's and a couple 150's)

They have a few mullies that come through and have had a few mule/whitetail hybrids killed with tremendous spreads (25+ inches)
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Dryden Texas hunting info - 01/04/17 03:41 PM

Been awhile since I hunted that area - hunted a 40K acre ranch SW of Dryden - plenty of mulies, WT, blue quail and occasional lion.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum