Texas Hunting Forum

Kansas unit 17

Posted By: colt45-90

Kansas unit 17 - 11/30/16 01:27 AM

talked to my contact in the Cimarron area, no deer, pheasant no's spotty, had good hatches where hail did no damage, not many coyotes, was planning a trip to hunt coyotes with greyhounds.
Posted By: A.B.

Re: Kansas unit 17 - 11/30/16 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: colt45
talked to my contact in the Cimarron area, no deer, pheasant no's spotty, had good hatches where hail did no damage, not many coyotes, was planning a trip to hunt coyotes with greyhounds.

My buddies in Garden City said the same thing. Deer are way down, drought has been tough.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Kansas unit 17 - 11/30/16 04:13 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I did pretty good on my deer hunt as well as the rest that were in camp that week. My brother and 3 of his buddies went up there opening weekend of pheasant season and limited out each day. They were up around Dodge City and the deer hunts were units 15 & 6.
Posted By: A.B.

Re: Kansas unit 17 - 11/30/16 03:08 PM

West of Garden it is dry and has been. We hunt North of Kendall, on the Hamilton and Kearney county line. Deer and birds have been decimated. Antelope seem to be stronger than ever.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Kansas unit 17 - 11/30/16 03:37 PM

Went through 17 on way to Idaho in sept and it was as green as I've seen it in last ten years.

I was south of there on southern border of 18 in oct chasing speed goats and elk. Still green. Pheasants hatch was good but still needs time to rebound from five years of straight drought
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum