Texas Hunting Forum

Going to be a wet opening day here.

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Going to be a wet opening day here. - 11/05/16 02:44 PM

Just got 3 inches Thursday and more predicted, very very muddy. Mrs B better shoot one in a dry spot or I ain't loading it.
Posted By: bp3

Re: Going to be a wet opening day here. - 11/06/16 03:00 AM

You been married how long, I doubt that LOL
Posted By: kweber

Re: Going to be a wet opening day here. - 11/06/16 03:29 AM

Howard Co., it's liquid gold up there....
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Going to be a wet opening day here. - 11/06/16 03:28 PM

It wasn't a bad hunt! Seen 5 going to the back High-lines and 15 on the High-lines 3 bucks 12 does and yearlings, nothing big enough to shoot. Lot's of mud and started raining again on the way out. Rain hit us again last night and this morning so I'll bet it's a swamp out there now. The ponds on the big ranch were close to going over and I expect last night finished the job.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Going to be a wet opening day here. - 11/06/16 03:44 PM

Our tanks have been at the almost full mark all year. We have enough caliche in the pasture that you can get anywhere you need to go. But if you go into one of the fields, plan on walking out, and going for help or waiting until everything dries out.
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Going to be a wet opening day here. - 11/07/16 01:13 AM

Glad y'all are getting the rain.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Going to be a wet opening day here. - 11/07/16 01:21 AM

We needed the rain here in Limestone County. I hunted in the rain (in a dry blind) this afternoon. Drove out there in the Kubota, which has a roof and 4wd, and parked it 50 feet from the blind, in some brush. Got in the blind and loaded the rifle and wondered if I'd see anything. Immediately 3 doe came out of the woods, Hmmm. Well, that's probably the end of it, but here came a whopper of a boar hog. I popped him, and thought surely that's it for the day, now that I fired the rifle. But here came 2 more doe. Pouring down rain the whole time.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Going to be a wet opening day here. - 11/07/16 01:21 AM

Sloppy mess north of Cisco. Mud was deep and everybody had a hard time even with 4WD ATV/UTV. What is a normal 20 minute drive from camp to my area was nearly an hour in my UTV.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Going to be a wet opening day here. - 11/07/16 01:29 AM

Lots of Rain and mud in Carbon just south of Eastland. Only saw one deer today and took him. sorry, I can't turn the photo, any help would be appreciated.

Posted By: jakebunch

Re: Going to be a wet opening day here. - 11/07/16 01:41 AM

Very nice buck. Congrats!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Going to be a wet opening day here. - 11/07/16 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: jakebunch
Very nice buck. Congrats!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Going to be a wet opening day here. - 11/07/16 01:00 PM

That's a great 8 Mr. T. Congrats! cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum