Texas Hunting Forum

Lake Merdith TYHP youth hunt is here

Posted By: rdhibbs

Lake Merdith TYHP youth hunt is here - 10/27/16 04:17 PM

We are headed out to the Lake this evening to prepare for the arrive of our youth hunters tomorrow. We have 5 young men and women coming from as far away as Beaumont to hunt the rugged canyon country of Lake Meredith National Recreation area.

These youngsters will be qualifying at 300 yards, and get a chance to shoot at steel from 1,000 Yards. Pleas pray for these families as well as our volunteers for safe passage to and from and for a safe productive hunt. I will post our results after the hunt.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Lake Merdith TYHP youth hunt is here - 10/27/16 06:18 PM

Hope it goes off smooth as silk and that everyone has a safe, fun time!
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Lake Merdith TYHP youth hunt is here - 10/27/16 07:37 PM

Good luck to all and have a safe, successful, and enjoyable hunt. Post some picture when possible. How is the lake level these days?
Posted By: Deep Sea

Re: Lake Merdith TYHP youth hunt is here - 10/28/16 12:50 AM

Here is hoping everyone has a safe and enjoyable weekend. TYHP is a great program and I am glad that these kids are getting a chance to hunt. I hope that they get something, but I know they will have a good time even if they don't.
Posted By: rdhibbs

Re: Lake Merdith TYHP youth hunt is here - 11/01/16 04:24 PM

The first annual TYHP Lake Meredith Hunt has came and gone.

We had 5 outstanding youth ranging in age from 14-16 Years of age, all of which Managed at least a 300YD shot and up to 500 Yd Shot at the Parks Department Sniper Training Range.

These youth worked their hart out in unfamiliar Tirane and on their first spot and stock hunt. We did have one White Tail Buck (Button Buck) harvested, and the young man used the rifle that his grandfather had left him to make the harvest.

These young men and women had a blast and the planning for next year began the day after this one ended.

Thank you all for your support of the program and of this hunt in particular.

If any one is interested in the program please go to the website and check it out. http://www.tyhp.org/youth-hunters/youth-hunt-schedule/
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum