Texas Hunting Forum

Grizzle Bear Attack On Todd Orr

Posted By: huntingproductguru

Grizzle Bear Attack On Todd Orr - 10/03/16 02:44 AM

I still am in shock of Todd Orr and is ability to hike out 3 miles, then take this video!

Grizzle Bear Attack!!! Spoiler alert: he lived to share this video!

http://huntingproduct.guru/news/grizzle-bear-attack-todd-orr/
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Grizzle Bear Attack On Todd Orr - 10/03/16 04:13 AM

Saw this, BA guy!!
Posted By: billybob

Re: Grizzle Bear Attack On Todd Orr - 10/03/16 09:16 AM

Wonder why he wasn't carrying some sort of a pistol in bear country. That's his 1st mistake. He was luckier than good friend of mine that was eaten by a grizzly in the 80's and he had no weapon.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Grizzle Bear Attack On Todd Orr - 10/03/16 09:59 AM

friend of mine owns a hunting and fishing lodge and this attack occurred right on the border of their property and public land. He said the hunter had bear spray and a pistol but they were both in his pack. Bear ripped the guy up pretty badly and is very lucky to be alive. We were at this lodge a month ago and at that time they were seeing a lot of bears and many of them were being aggressive. They advised us not to hike away from the lodge.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Grizzle Bear Attack On Todd Orr - 10/03/16 10:49 AM

this guy is the one I want in a bar fight, very lucky...
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Grizzle Bear Attack On Todd Orr - 10/03/16 12:16 PM

Well, he managed to get his bear spray out, but lost his holstered pistol. Hmmm.

It doesn't do a lot of good to carry emergency gear you don't/can't access well.

Good on him for keeping his wits, however.
Posted By: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

Re: Grizzle Bear Attack On Todd Orr - 10/03/16 12:50 PM

All I can say is he is lucky !
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Grizzle Bear Attack On Todd Orr - 10/03/16 01:18 PM

You could tell that he was still juiced full of adrenaline in the video. Tough guy right there. I wonder if he walked backwards for 3 miles?
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Grizzle Bear Attack On Todd Orr - 10/03/16 06:28 PM

There was an article on Google News or CNN this AM... the article said the bear came back a second time while he was walking back and that's when it broke his arm.

Just found it... http://abcnews.go.com/US/man-describes-harrowing-encounter-grizzly-bear/story?id=42530347

Charlie
Posted By: Gacman

Re: Grizzle Bear Attack On Todd Orr - 10/03/16 09:57 PM

The spray and the pistol must be readily accessible. Bear attacks often happen fast. I know it's a movie, but seen the reverent with Leo Decaprio? Crazy bear attack scene. Todd is a very lucky guy, God bless him.
Posted By: Eyesofahunter

Re: Grizzle Bear Attack On Todd Orr - 10/04/16 02:01 AM

It sounds like he did everything right from what I have seen so far, case of wrong place wrong time.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum