Texas Hunting Forum

A video for non-hunters

Posted By: Palehorse

A video for non-hunters - 09/25/16 02:42 AM

This is a kind of silly cartoon, but it explains very well why trophy hunting = conservation. It's preaching to the choir for the folks on here but it might be worth forwarding to any non-hunting young folks or coworkers.

Posted By: TexasVine

Re: A video for non-hunters - 09/26/16 02:51 PM

Good video.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: A video for non-hunters - 09/26/16 03:14 PM

Agree it's silly, but it makes very accurate points.
Posted By: fracdaddy

Re: A video for non-hunters - 09/28/16 08:20 PM

Nice vid
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: A video for non-hunters - 09/29/16 12:29 PM

My daughter sent it to me also. I don't like the caricature of hunters as egotistic buffoons, but aside from that it at least speaks the factual truth about the role of hunting as indispensable to conservation.

It's a good example of even a liberal-leaning group willing to examine the facts and find the truth on an issue. We could use more of that from both liberals and conservatives.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: A video for non-hunters - 09/29/16 12:45 PM

anti hunters will not get it.
Posted By: ErnestTBass

Re: A video for non-hunters - 09/29/16 03:08 PM

What these toolboxes don't understand is that hunters respect and value the animals more than they do. Hunters go spend time and immerse themselves in nature and understand and appreciate it far more than some faux intellectual hipster who never leaves the confines of some urban enclave. Hunters spend their time and money protecting and increasing the health of the animal populations. Hunters do far more to protect and encourage animal populations than do these sideline sitters, and hunters do it out of a deep appreciation for wildlife.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum