Texas Hunting Forum

Your oldest hunting photos

Posted By: Texas Dan

Your oldest hunting photos - 09/24/16 11:21 AM

As you grow older, you begin to recognize that very simple things begin to mean a lot to you, like old photos of people and times that have long since passed. And that is never more true than old photos of family and friends engaged in the sport they passed down to us, either directly, or just through the DNA we share.

This is an old photo taken during the early 1940's that shows my grandfather standing behind a line of foxhounds after a fox hunt in East Texas. There were no deer in East Texas at the time, which left fox hunting as something men loved to do. The kid holding the hound on the right is my uncle. His two brothers, my dad and Uncle Raymond, were both serving their country in WWII. Raymond never returned from that war, having been killed in Baton, Philippines in the months after the attack on Pearl Harbor.

What is your oldest hunting photo that you might wish to share?

Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Your oldest hunting photos - 09/24/16 03:20 PM

Here's my oldest pic, I was hunting for an egg.

Just kidding. This is the oldest pic I have left. That's me sitting on a buck my Dad shot. He started taking me as soon as I was old enough to be still & quiet, and I've done/am doing the same with my children.

Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: Your oldest hunting photos - 09/24/16 04:51 PM

According to my grandchildren
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Your oldest hunting photos - 09/25/16 12:24 AM

Here is an old one I found. I killed this big muley near Chimney Rock, Colorado in 1983. Great buck and a super hunt in one of my favorite units in Colorado!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Your oldest hunting photos - 09/25/16 12:46 AM

mine got destroyed in the flood
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum