Texas Hunting Forum

Slowing mice down

Posted By: BigPig

Slowing mice down - 09/10/16 02:47 PM

We sleep in a cargo trailer at the lease and it works great. However, like mice do, they chewed the wiring on the trailer. All of the wiring is hidden in the frame and only about 3 feet sticks out for the pig tail connection. I have 2 ideas on how to keep them from chewing on this, one is easier than the other.

1) use a metal like header wrap https://m.summitracing.com/parts/dei-010...CFZOKaQodSW8Lhg

2) mount another male plug on the trailer, the same on as mounted on the truck, and have a removable pig tail that's only used when needed.

Thoughts or advice?
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Slowing mice down - 09/10/16 02:50 PM

2. And keep it at camp in a metal ammo box.
Posted By: dune2218

Re: Slowing mice down - 09/10/16 03:15 PM

I assume you are bombing the place with rat/mice poison ????
Posted By: Western

Re: Slowing mice down - 09/10/16 03:19 PM

BP, my grandfather did the same thing (removable pigtail) when they RV traveled, seems squirrels where usually what got his at those RV parks, he just kept it stowed in a side compartment near the outside front of the camper. Might be worth a look at homedepot/lowes, for a very flexible aluminum wire harness cover too.

Re: Slowing mice down - 09/10/16 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: dune2218
I assume you are bombing the place with rat/mice poison ????

No. They aren't inside and I see no way they can get inside unless they chew upside down through a piece of 3/4 plywood.

Re: Slowing mice down - 09/10/16 05:13 PM

I'm thinking #2 will be the best option
Posted By: C.K.

Re: Slowing mice down - 09/11/16 01:11 AM

Barn cats are great.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Slowing mice down - 09/11/16 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: C.K.
Barn cats are great.

They can be when the circumstances are right, but when drought hits and food sources become scarce the cats become coyote dinners.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum