Texas Hunting Forum

Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me?

Posted By: Lil Joe

Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 02:55 AM

Just curious if you have to keep your green hunters Ed card on you with your license? I was telling a friend about having to order a new card every couple of years because they become worn out and unreadable and he pointed out that your hunters Ed # is on your license
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 03:01 AM

You do not if it is on your license. I still carry mine either way, I don't feel like risking a GW not agreeing that I have taken the class for whatever reason.
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 03:05 AM

I do. It was always my thinking that you're supposed to have it on you at all times.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: CRAnderson52
I do. It was always my thinking that you're supposed to have it on you at all times.

I always carry mine too because I believe ti is the law (unless it has changed), but I don't understand why we have to if your # is on our license.
Posted By: BrotherD

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 03:31 AM

I do just to be on the safe side.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 03:47 AM

Originally Posted By: NDN98
Originally Posted By: CRAnderson52

I always carry mine too because I believe ti is the law (unless it has changed), but I don't understand why we have to if your # is on our license.

I don't either. TPWD website says you are required to carry proof, I'd like to think that proof would be the certification # on your license but like I said before, I carry it so there is no argument if checked.
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 04:47 AM

I'm just to old.... my grandchildren ask me if we had guns when I was born. One ask me if I knew Jesus.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 05:03 AM

I have never carried it nor know where it is and been checked numerous times. The number is on my license. Thats all you need as that is proof.

You can print your own card if you like: https://apps.tpwd.state.tx.us/theo/
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 05:12 AM

I never got my card lol!
I keep my license and temporary card in my wallet at all times
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 11:46 AM

I keep a picture of mine. Figure that way as long as I've got my phone it won't fade or crumble in my wallet.
Posted By: dune2218

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 02:10 PM

You can go to any vet and get a chip implanted with the info on it------- no need to have a card with you after that. The game warden can scan the chip with his watch.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 02:17 PM

I was always under yet impression that if its on your license you do not need the actual card. But ymmv
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 02:18 PM

depends on your age
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/02/16 05:14 PM

In you never, on you sure
Posted By: TMonjure

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/04/16 01:25 AM

The outdoor annual says "Proof of certification or deferral is required to be on your person while hunting"
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/05/16 06:03 AM

I was checked for the 6th time by a game warden last night and you don't need a card if your HE # is on your license. Along with the 20 other people in the field. The proof is the HE # on the license.
Posted By: MS1454

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/06/16 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
In you never, on you sure

Lol
Posted By: bigorosco

Re: Do I have to have hunters Ed card in me? - 09/06/16 07:31 PM

Originally Posted By: dune2218
You can go to any vet and get a chip implanted with the info on it------- no need to have a card with you after that. The game warden can scan the chip with his watch.

roflmao roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum