Texas Hunting Forum

Struggling in the Heat

Posted By: gary roberson

Struggling in the Heat - 08/11/16 01:33 PM

This week on Carnivore, I will be hunting by myself in South Texas as no one wanted to tag along in this heat. I am hunting a ranch that I have hunted through the years and at one time had more coyotes than any place I have ever seen. Trapping, snaring and aerial gunning has greatly reduced he population so I am looking hard for sign. I finally manage to find a few critters that were willing to come to the call. Hope if you have a chance that you will tune in.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/11/16 02:01 PM

Best of luck, drink a lot of water.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/11/16 06:51 PM

According to the stats, its not hotter than all my previous years but I sure am taking it harder. Getting old aint for the faint of heart.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/11/16 06:54 PM

That pesky global warming this summer is just like last summer. What have I done?!?
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/11/16 10:32 PM

stay safe
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/11/16 10:55 PM

Hydrate Sir. I had a close call last Summer, won't do that again. Good luck.
Posted By: sallysue

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/11/16 10:58 PM

It seems super hot to me and it use to not bother me Might be the age
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/12/16 10:38 AM

Mid 60's and having more trouble dealing with the heat than ever before and I'm out in it 6 to 8 hours a day, every day.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/12/16 01:17 PM

I worked several hours in it yesterday fixing a protein feeder. I was in the shade and I did drink several beers well spaced during those several hours. I felt ok but stunk up the joint afterwards. I slept well last night...
Posted By: sallysue

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/12/16 01:22 PM

I was just walking around in the yard and soppy wet
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/12/16 01:48 PM

I'm not going to complain about the heat, nor my ability (or inability) to handle it. Not while one American sailor, soldier, airman or Marine is still over in the sandbox.
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/12/16 02:02 PM

I'm going to try to brushhog a foodplot Saturday. Suppose to be a break in the weather and only get to 89. But start raining by noon in Eastland. Going to have to go early and get started. If I can't get it done the next opportunity for me is labor day weekend.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/12/16 02:04 PM

cheers usualy huntsolo meself... Hog hunts kept ta morning hunts, as others have said: stay safe Gary heat stroke can sneak up on ya... 2cents as pappy once said: hunt smarter, not hotter.. with high-tech these days NV & Thermal tis way ta go... flag
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/12/16 04:01 PM

Heat here has been above average this year, especially the heat index or "feel like" temperature. Not only have we had 100 to 102 or 103, the feel like has been an aver of three degrees above that. I guess that has to do with humidity but not sure how we are getting any of that as it has not rained at my house since the some time in June. All of that is supposed to change this weekend and I pray that it does. Yeah, this global warming is killing me...
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/13/16 09:20 PM

Good luck Gary
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Struggling in the Heat - 08/14/16 05:26 PM

Only an average of three? I will trade you for 102 that feels like 114.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum