Texas Hunting Forum

Target identification

Posted By: txshntr

Target identification - 08/02/16 04:05 PM

Posted By: PMK

Re: Target identification - 08/02/16 04:11 PM

LOL ... I know that feeling all too well, even after sitting a spot for several seasons. Cactus and small cedar trees can really play tricks on one's mind.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Target identification - 08/02/16 04:11 PM

Ain't that the truth!
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Target identification - 08/02/16 04:16 PM

Wait to get to my age and change glasses 3 times and sling two pair of Binoculars in a corner and throw the spotting scope up as Lovies saying its a limb and I'm going ZIP IT to only focus in and say *^%#^*^%* bang
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Target identification - 08/02/16 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: PMK
LOL ... I know that feeling all too well, even after sitting a spot for several seasons. Cactus and small cedar trees can really play tricks on one's mind.

Really messes you up when you swear that tree moved rofl
Posted By: Spent Brass

Re: Target identification - 08/02/16 04:31 PM

bang
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Target identification - 08/02/16 04:52 PM

I just couldn't take it any longer so I had to throw some artificial sunlight on the subject. Turns out it was a deer....... and a dang nice on as well!!!
grin grin grin grin

Posted By: StephensCnty308

Re: Target identification - 08/02/16 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Elkhunter49
I just couldn't take it any longer so I had to interject some artificial light on the subject. Turns out it was a deer....... and a dang nice on as well!!!
grin grin grin grin

Wow
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Target identification - 08/02/16 07:30 PM

Last year I was sitting in the blind and swore I saw a hog under the feeder, but it was early and a dim morning. I swore I saw a hog we had on camera was black with a white stripe down his front leg, but I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. Got down and checked the camera after the hunt and sure enough the hog with the white stripe was there for a while before it got bright enough to really see.... ive been on the other end of it far more times though.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Target identification - 08/05/16 10:18 PM

Ive had 10 pound Coons under the feeder before daylight that looked like 200 pound hogs. When there is a group of two or three Coons there at the same time the hogs look even bigger! clap
Posted By: fgdn

Re: Target identification - 08/05/16 10:28 PM

clap
Posted By: rickym

Re: Target identification - 08/05/16 10:42 PM

Happens to me all the time bang ive watched "critters" walk by numerous times at about 50 yards and didnt know what it was but i was ready if it headed towards me
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Target identification - 08/06/16 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By: kdkane1971
Ain't that the truth!
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Target identification - 08/06/16 12:32 AM

Seeing ghost figures in the dark is one thing. It's when you hear the sound of rocks being kicked around and some growling behind you when your in a pop up is scary s...t. Hide sidearm and MSR 30 clip, still didn't get out for awhile.
Posted By: slow944

Re: Target identification - 08/06/16 05:46 PM

I think I shot that same deer last season. bang
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Target identification - 08/06/16 07:00 PM

Saturday morning. "I see you!". Glass it, Yup, I see you. "What time is it?" Look at watch. "Dang, not legal yet". 60 seconds later "I see you". 2 minutes later "What time is it?" "Welp, better get the rifle oriented to make a shot, when legal." Looking through the scope, Dang! Just a tree.

Sunday morning, same location.

"I see you!". Glass it, Yup, I see you. "What time is it?" Look at watch. "Dang, not legal yet". 60 seconds later "I see you". "What time is it?" 2 minutes later, "Welp, better get the rifle oriented to make a shot, when legal." Looking through the scope, Dang! Just a tree.

I knew it was something different this morning!
Posted By: cblackall

Re: Target identification - 08/07/16 04:14 AM

I spent over 20 minutes stalking into bow range of a dead mesquite stump that I was sure was a javelina...in broad daylight...
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Target identification - 08/07/16 06:27 PM

Dang those deer stumps and deer cactus anyway #$%(*(#&%$)(*@!@#)$!@ aim
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum