Texas Hunting Forum

TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH********

Posted By: JCB

TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 12:58 AM

Well I haven't seen any advertisments for the show this year so started to wonder if it was going to happen or not this year. Checked their website and it looks like there are some changes this year for the Ft.Worth show. First off it looks like the Ft. Worth show is going to be the first show this year instead of the the last like I believe it use to be. Second (someone correct me if I am wrong) but didn't this show always take place at Will Rogers?? Looks like this year its at the convention center.

And last but not least it looks like its $15 to park. roflmao

I think I have only missed this show twice since 1997. Lately all it seems I walk away with is a couple of 12 volt feeder batteries and some jerky to munch on while I walk around. I have already made plans not to go this year. Sad to break a simi-tradition but I cant justify the cost of paying $15 to park and $10 to get in anymore just to save $3 on some batteries. Already ordered those batteries online.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 01:27 PM

I quit the tradition years ago. It was one of my favorite activities, but I guess it just got old. Doesn't seem worth it anymore with the changes.
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 01:29 PM

Nope not going not with it.
Posted By: Skip

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 02:35 PM

We are planning to go to the San Antonio show. But you guys are making me have second thoughts.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Skip
We are planning to go to the San Antonio show. But you guys are making me have second thoughts.

There isn't necessarily anything wrong with it. Some of us just don't feel it's worth the effort, anymore. You may enjoy it. Many people do.
Posted By: eastex

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 02:41 PM

I go every year. I think it's fun just to walk around and see the new things people are coming up with.

They are doing it at the convention center because that park of Will Rogers is being renovated. It's suppose to be back at WR next year.

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 02:44 PM

Will there be hunting guides there offering hunts. My wife just told me we are going. There is other stuff she wants to do there.
Posted By: HorizonFirearms

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 02:52 PM

We will be there with Horizon as well as iota We have a 20 foot booth there this year and will have our stocks there on a lot of rifles. We are giving away a few sets of tickets over the next couple weeks on our Facebook. That won't help with parking but will get you in the door for free.

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 03:06 PM

HorizonFirearms, We will visit your booth and chat with you guy's. FYI I'm retired military and retired Police. I was in the military back in the 60's. Served 2 tours in Nam. Was a member of a Army rifle team that shot international matches. Open sights up 500 yards. I can still shoot. I'll be riding a red scooter as my old war wounds are starting to take a tool on me.
Posted By: jdickey

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB
Well I haven't seen any advertisments for the show this year so started to wonder if it was going to happen or not this year. Checked their website and it looks like there are some changes this year for the Ft.Worth show. First off it looks like the Ft. Worth show is going to be the first show this year instead of the the last like I believe it use to be. Second (someone correct me if I am wrong) but didn't this show always take place at Will Rogers?? Looks like this year its at the convention center.

And last but not least it looks like its $15 to park. roflmao

I think I have only missed this show twice since 1997. Lately all it seems I walk away with is a couple of 12 volt feeder batteries and some jerky to munch on while I walk around. I have already made plans not to go this year. Sad to break a simi-tradition but I cant justify the cost of paying $15 to park and $10 to get in anymore just to save $3 on some batteries. Already ordered those batteries online.

Glad to see that it is finally going to the Convention Center. It outgrew Will Rogers 15 years ago! One of things that I disliked was how crowded it was for not only the visitors but more so for the vendors. I haven't been in the last 5 years, simply because of the arrangement of the floor space and vendors. I did two shows when I was with Academy Sports and always felt like a sardine in there!

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 06:42 PM

Hello jdickey, My wife and I attended one of the seminars you put on at the Academy in Waco several years back.

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 07:25 PM

Will there be hunting guides there offering hunts. My wife just told me we are going. There is other stuff she wants to do there.

I'm sure someone there will be selling guided Pokémon hunts. Its the latest greatest thing to hunt and they will probably book every available date as well. bolt

Seriously its a great show to book hunts. Its just not a show for me anymore.
Posted By: HorizonFirearms

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 07:39 PM

HorizonFirearms, We will visit your booth and chat with you guy's. FYI I'm retired military and retired Police. I was in the military back in the 60's. Served 2 tours in Nam. Was a member of a Army rifle team that shot international matches. Open sights up 500 yards. I can still shoot. I'll be riding a red scooter as my old war wounds are starting to take a tool on me.

Will do I think maybe we have met before.

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 07:48 PM

Maybe
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 09:58 PM

I can find everything I need online...

I used to enjoy it years ago..but haven't seen anything that would tickle my Feathers in the last few years. It was like groundhog day.

Nothing in the industry has changed much..Feeders are getting shorter, people are moving away from junk timers and motors and leaning toward more quality products like All Seasons and West Texas Supply and buying more quality weapons like Alamo Precision Rifles.

I wonder if UltraDeerTowers will be there bolt

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: JCB

I'm sure someone there will be selling guided Pokémon hunts. Its the latest greatest thing to hunt and they will probably book every available date as well. bolt

Seriously its a great show to book hunts. Its just not a show for me anymore.

LMAO I would have to pass. I don't even know what Pokemon is. LOL
Posted By: Curtis

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/28/16 11:34 PM

I have not attended a TTHA Extravaganza since 2009. We just got back from setting up our booth at the Texas Hunters and Sportsmans Expo In McAllen and we had some of the best succes I have ever had at any TTHA or smaller show. What I liked about the show in McAllen was that it offers a 3 day pass that is affordable. I had customers come back in the show the next day and the crowd was a very steady flow. I heard they were moving the location of the TTHA show in Ft.Worth. I think the fee went up as well. I'm heading to the show in Jackson next week. Most of the Texas shows have turned into too much junk that's not even hunting related.
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/29/16 03:02 PM

Ground hog day.

That's a perfect description IMO.
Posted By: Teal28

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/29/16 06:10 PM

Don't think I ever bought anything there except beer. Only reason I go. Walk around Drink beer with friends and maybe meet some new people. Car pool and split the parking. confused2
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/29/16 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Teal28
Don't think I ever bought anything there except beer. Only reason I go. Walk around Drink beer with friends and maybe meet some new people. Car pool and split the parking. confused2

Yep, I would get my drink on, buy a bunch of stuff the we would go to Railhead or Angelo's for ribs.

I would still go but I would have to have a designated driver... cheers
Posted By: TxBuck

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/30/16 10:23 PM

Quite going years ago, waste of time and money. Yes there will be plenty of outfitters and guides from which you can buy hunts from $10K to ???? Plenty of feeders and blinds all over priced in my book. For the average guy you might be able to buy a koozie or t-shirt or sticker thats about. Just my .02 worth.
Posted By: BDB

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/31/16 02:48 PM

Ahhwww....nothing like the TTHA! I miss walking down the rows. look over the left shoulder, you can smell the flavor of jerky that dude is chewing on. look over your right shoulder and tell if that guy is spitting skoal or Copenhagen. If you dare stop and turn around the guy behind you will let you know if he's drinking coors light or bud light. So just keep inching straight ahead till you see something that catches your eye and maybe, just maybe you can get to the sidelines to check it out.

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/31/16 08:00 PM

Dang guys I'm having second thoughts now.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/31/16 08:15 PM

anybody go?
Posted By: hookemhorns

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/31/16 08:17 PM

Yes! Ill be there shopping and working. There is always something good to see
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/31/16 08:18 PM

Used to be good for bathroom literature and free cans of dip.
Posted By: JJH

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/31/16 09:42 PM

This thread reminds me of the old Yogi quote: " Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded ".

Re: TTHA EXTRAVAGANZA*******FT. WORTH******** - 07/31/16 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: JJH
This thread reminds me of the old Yogi quote: " Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded ".

clap

I know what they are saying about the crowds though. I had to start going on Friday because that was about the only way to really see the show. Saturday and Sunday was like bumper to bumper rush hour traffic only it was pedestrians and not vehicles.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum