Texas Hunting Forum

They need to open Yellowstone to hunting

Posted By: Texas buckeye

They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/14/16 09:50 PM

Spent two full days being driven around Yellowstone national park this week, and there are way too many great animals there....it needs to be hunted. I kid, but dang, we saw hundreds of bison, probably a hundred elk some with amazing antlers already, tons of mule and whitetail deer, a couple bighorn sheep, and 5 bear (4 Grizzlies and 1 black). Amazing place, amazing beauty, amazing animals.

Posted By: Erny

Re: They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/15/16 12:24 AM

Yellowstone is an amazing park.
Posted By: elephantman

Re: They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/15/16 03:44 AM

Never seen it, but look forward to it!
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/15/16 05:08 AM

up
coolpics
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/15/16 10:34 AM

Great pictures.
I finally made it to Yellowstone last year.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/15/16 02:02 PM

One of those places that once you leave, you can't wait to go back!!!

Before the let the wolves loose in the park, it wasn't uncommon to see a thousand elk there. I try to go in the fall when the rut is on and the valleys would just be thick with them. Sometimes I'd see more elk then bison. What's always been a mystery is why it's so rare to see deer there. I've never seen more then a few of them, and never anything huge. Moose are also tough to find, but are always a highlight when you do find one!!!

Here are a few pics that I took in Sep 2014

Posted By: Curtis

Re: They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/16/16 11:39 AM

Give 'em another year.
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/16/16 04:37 PM

I would love to go soon myself.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/16/16 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
What's always been a mystery is why it's so rare to see deer there.

If I were a Whitetail I would be on the other side of the globe from Wolves.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/16/16 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Reloder28
Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
What's always been a mystery is why it's so rare to see deer there.

If I were a Whitetail I would be on the other side of the globe from Wolves.

Yelp the first think to go was the deer, then roughly 15k elk.... Then the wolves moved out to do find more deer and elk
Posted By: PMK

Re: They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/18/16 01:34 PM

had a guy that works for me go to Yellowstone back in June. He was extremely disappointed! He said there were so many tourists, mostly foreign, non-english speaking (at least while he was around), oriental that would walk up and stand right in front of you, etc. He said there were a number of times he wanted to pull over to look at something or take pictures but there were no turn-outs and there were 40-50 car lines waiting to get into parking areas, the place was totally packed. He does not like crowds, so that might have also been a big turn off for him on his trip.

one of the few places I haven't been yet but it's on my bucket list.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/18/16 05:44 PM

Yes, if you go, be ready for lots of cars, lots of foreigners, and lots of traffic. It was crowded, but we hired a tour company to take us around, that way we didn't do the driving and got to concentrate on the looking.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/19/16 12:16 PM

I've passed through the park during the summer months, but it's too crowded for me then and you just don't see as many animals as you do in the Fall. In the last 20 years, I've been four times in mid to late September. I feel that is the very best time to be there since the aspens are changing color and the elk are bugling. The campgrounds are parking lots are half empty. On our last trip there, half the seats to watch Old Faithful where empty too!!!
Posted By: Tophers

Re: They need to open Yellowstone to hunting - 07/19/16 05:42 PM

Great pics!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum