Texas Hunting Forum

Upcomming Lake Merdith TYHP Youth Hunt

Posted By: rdhibbs

Upcomming Lake Merdith TYHP Youth Hunt - 07/13/16 07:33 PM

For several months I have been working on getting a TYHP early Youth Season Deer Hunt put together. This is my first hunt to be Huntmaster and so I am working under the supervision of one of the guys on the paid staff.

The staff member drove down from Dallas, and we had a face to face meeting with the Head Park Range on Monday. The hunt is approved, paper work signed and everyone is excited. Now the hard part of planning and finding volunteers to help with the hunt.

This will be one of the few spot and stock hunts that TYHP puts on but the park is large enough to accommodate it safely. This is rugged, rocky, hilly canyon terrain in the Plumb Creek / Devil's Canyon portion of the park. This should be a challenging hunt for the youth.

If this hunt is successful there is great opportunity to expand the program in the park.

Please keep us in your prayers as we set up and execute this youth activity, and if any one knows of a hunter with experience in the park that would like to volunteer with the hunt please send them my way.
Posted By: Deep Sea

Re: Upcomming Lake Merdith TYHP Youth Hunt - 07/14/16 09:37 AM

banana
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Upcomming Lake Merdith TYHP Youth Hunt - 07/14/16 11:31 AM

That's outstanding! I don't have experience with hunting the park but if you need more volunteers PM me and I would be happy to help. up
Posted By: Mako My Day

Re: Upcomming Lake Merdith TYHP Youth Hunt - 07/14/16 04:14 PM

Awesome! My son and I will be checking the TYHP calendar so we can get him entered for a chance. Thank you for taking this on, the program has been great for us and all the kids that get an opportunity to participate.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum