Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting with My Little Boy

Posted By: gary roberson

Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/06/16 09:31 PM

This week on CARNIVORE, I will be calling coyotes and bobcats with my youngest son Steve, in South Texas. Most of the time, he is the one behind the camera but it was great to get him out there with a rifle in his hands. I hope that you will tune in.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/06/16 11:19 PM

up

Will set up to record
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/06/16 11:47 PM

LOL!
Posted By: 974runner

Re: Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/07/16 12:13 AM

Great to get your kids involved
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/07/16 12:58 AM

How old is you son? Fine memories are made this way. Then they become teenagers and don't want to go each time you go. That is okay too, part of them growing up...I hated to see that part.

Re: Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/07/16 02:56 PM

He is just 32. He started hunting with me when he was 5 and killed his first deer that first year. With two older brothers, he really got into hunting at a very early age and loved shooting. No matter the age, hunting with your kids is a very special time and so glad that Steve chose to work with us on CARNIVORE as well as BOUNDLESS HUNTING and SHOW of SUPPORT.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/07/16 08:15 PM

Cool, thanks for the heads up!
Posted By: Wacm

Re: Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/07/16 09:13 PM

Best of luck..be safe
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/09/16 11:24 AM

Another great episode Gary, stampede and all. Steve got a very nice bobcat.
Posted By: Nitronx898

Re: Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/10/16 10:33 AM

Gary, I seen your show yesterday and as usual it was a great show. I actually seen you last month having lunch at Ojadas in town. Wanted to say hello but I hate to bother folks while they are eating. Maybe next time I'm in town I'll stop by the store and say hello.

Re: Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/10/16 01:50 PM

Heck, you can bother me anywhere, always like to visit with other hunters. It is beginning to dry out here as the grass is beginning to burn. I drove down close to Sanderson yesterday and the further I went west, the better the conditions. The country from Sheffield south was the very best I have ever seen it in over 40 years of hunting out there. I saw side oats gramma that was over waist high growing anywhere the soils had any depth. Deer were fat and lot of Blue quail paired up. Saw a real nice muley buck on 349 for that country...appears that antler growth is going to be very good.
Thanks for watching and hope to see you guys down the road, Adios,
Gary
Posted By: Wacm

Re: Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/11/16 04:42 PM

Hi I saw the show... I think it was one where yall killed two Bobcats. I'm not sure if that was it but I enjoyed that show. I set my dvr to record the season. What kind of call were you guys using?

Watching those Bobcats cruise through in broad daylight was just awesome.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/11/16 11:45 PM

Good show, Gary. I wish my boys were around to hunt with me.

Re: Hunting with My Little Boy - 07/15/16 05:02 PM

I was using my old Compucaller III and playing primarily the Grown Cottontail.
Thank all of you guys for watching.
Adios,
Gary
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum