Texas Hunting Forum

Lease agreements

Posted By: shightower

Lease agreements - 06/28/16 11:10 PM

Does anyone have an example of a lease agreement that you could pm, or email me?
I would appreciate it. I understand that each place is different. I'm going to pick what I like and come up
With one that fits my situation.

Please post here, or email hightowers772@gmail.com.

Thank you,..
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Lease agreements - 06/29/16 12:17 AM

FIL: "You gonna treat my daughter right and give her mama some grandbabies?"

Me: "Yes sir."

FIL: "Alright, you can start hunting the ranch."
Posted By: shightower

Re: Lease agreements - 06/29/16 12:39 AM

Lol, I'm I have nothing to say except I don't have a daughter.

If I was your son in law I couldn't perform under such stressful conditions....

Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Lease agreements - 06/29/16 12:45 AM

Not an agreement, but a lot of info from TAMU I found (There's a couple of sample forms, but not what I think you're looking for.): TAMU real estate center deer lease info

'Can't find an old one I used to have on my computer.
Posted By: 974runner

Re: Lease agreements - 06/29/16 01:06 AM

Wish I could help
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: Lease agreements - 06/29/16 09:39 PM

Most lease agreements aren't worth the paper they are written on nor the time it took to compile it.

The land owner does what he wants & you have two options, lump it or leave it.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Lease agreements - 06/29/16 11:26 PM

Are you looking for lease rules between the paid guns, or an agreement that includes rights, term, waiver of liability, etc. with the landowner? Have been a lease manager for a couple of ranches, and I can tell you without reservation that every time we had an open spot and we voted to let a guy on we didn't know, it didn't work out. They broke the basic rules and got kicked off. On those places all of us were good friends and we all agreed to the rules. If you are talking about a lease agreement with the landowner, use the form as a start point that Creekrunner provided. Make sure your particulars are written down and require it to be notarized by both parties. Some landowners are happy to do that as they will have legal recourse for damages, others just want a handshake deal. At the end of the day it is about your relationship. The big issue these days is a lot of good sized ranches are owned by elderly retired ranchers, and if they pass the family will be fighting over the land. So even a notarized agreement will be basically worthless because of the value of the land versus a court fight to kick hunters off. Probably too much info here, but if I can help give me a shout.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Lease agreements - 06/29/16 11:56 PM

Lease agreements I have seen are based on liability issues as much as anything.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum