Texas Hunting Forum

Anybody check SD cards with iPad?

Posted By: TurkeyWhisperer

Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/07/16 04:03 AM

When my son and I switch out SD cards on trail cameras we wait till we get home to check them on the computer. I have an iPad and was thinking about using that to check SD cards while we are at the lease. I know they make a little adapter to connect SD cards to iPads

Does anybody else use their iPad to check SD cards? If so, does it work well with video as well? What brand adapter would you recommend? Thanks
Posted By: glocker17

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/07/16 04:05 AM

I use the Apple adapter, works fine on my older iPad.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/07/16 04:15 AM

They may have improved them, but when I used it, I had to upload every picture before I could view them. I like to just plug it in and scan through them. Then, when I get to the computer, I look at them closer and decide which ones to keep. Not a big deal but takes time to wait for them to upload, then go through and delete them.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/07/16 05:15 AM

I just bought one of these a few weeks ago, works fine for pics and video.

BoneView SD Card Reader

Charlie
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/07/16 12:02 PM

tag
Posted By: ThreePeppers

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/07/16 01:49 PM

I bought one from the Apple store but can't get it to work. I've tried every trick I could find online and still can't get them to import. Guess I'll stick with my old laptop. I normally grab the card first and starting importing and erasing while I'm filling the feeders. Scan through them when the work's done.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/07/16 05:09 PM

I use my gen 1 to view images. It's not the best screen but works at the lease
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/07/16 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: TurkeyWhisperer
When my son and I switch out SD cards on trail cameras we wait till we get home to check them on the computer. I have an iPad and was thinking about using that to check SD cards while we are at the lease. I know they make a little adapter to connect SD cards to iPads

Does anybody else use their iPad to check SD cards? If so, does it work well with video as well? What brand adapter would you recommend? Thanks

It's a pain on the older iPads because you have to down load every picture then delete.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/07/16 07:29 PM

If hunting I just pull the card and replace it with an extra. If we are out working/filling feeders the wife gets the pictures downloaded to the laptop while we are working and put it back before we leave, then just delete whatever. We keep most of our tc pics, have every one with a deer in it since we got our place in 2007.
Posted By: Ron H

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/07/16 07:52 PM

I picked up a stand alone viewer that runs on batteries. I don't have to take my laptop every trip. I then take the card home and load it.
Posted By: TurkeyWhisperer

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/07/16 08:13 PM

Thank everyone!
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/08/16 01:31 AM

I've used the adapter from Apple and it worked good for my iPad Air. Deleting the. Was a pain for some reason though.

Walter
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/08/16 01:54 AM

I don't miss having to do this since I got a cellular trail camera. Worth every penny if your area has good cell service. But I did try using my wife's iPad to retrieve pics from the card at one time. It worked well.
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/08/16 01:01 PM

I just switch sd cards and look at them at home on the laptop.
Posted By: Eastwood

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/09/16 03:12 PM

I use mu Ipad 2 with a reader I got off amazon for less than 5 bucks. It plugs into the charging port and the card plugs into it. I just delete the ones I don't want as I view them.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/09/16 03:27 PM

I swap cards. Have my laptop with built in card reader with me. Look at pics that evening in camp after dinner.
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/09/16 07:00 PM

I have checked them with a widescreen digital camera a lot of times.
Posted By: huntandfish

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/09/16 07:30 PM

I used to with my ipad and it worked good using the apple adapter, then one day i updated the software and now it tells me my adapter is not a legit adapter or sime bs. Bought another ipad adapter and it tells me same dam thing. Tried everything but never got it to work again! Stupid updates!
Posted By: Stratgolfer

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/09/16 08:16 PM

Mine tells me every time it's not an accessible card reader but I just close that box and it works fine. It is a hassle to delete the pics of all the cows but MM I like to look at them while at the lease.
Posted By: MathMan

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/11/16 07:48 PM

I use the iPhone SD card reader on my iPhone 6. It works perfectly and pretty fast. Since iOS 9 iPhones can read Sd cards with the apple brand reader.
Posted By: MathMan

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/11/16 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: TurkeyWhisperer

Which Ipad do you have? What iOS is it on? I recommend using Apple brand. They seem to have less issues but still May after updating.
Posted By: Mathp

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/14/16 06:08 PM

My ipad 2 worked great for a while but it quit working sometimes with not compatible message and sometimes just never recognized the adapter. I use my mac now and it's far superior for viewing and especially deleting photos.
Posted By: Mathp

Re: Anybody check SD cards with iPad? - 06/14/16 06:09 PM

My ipad 2 worked great for a while but it quit working sometimes with not compatible message and sometimes just never recognized the adapter. I use my mac now and it's far superior for viewing and especially deleting photos.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum