Texas Hunting Forum

power panel

Posted By: mow

power panel - 05/14/16 04:54 PM

amazon has anybody used this trailcam charging/battery panel..if so..how did it work out for you..ive heard pros and cons
Posted By: Cast

Re: power panel - 05/14/16 04:59 PM

60% of the 1500 reviews are five stars, top rating. Good enough for me.
Posted By: mow

Re: power panel - 05/14/16 05:50 PM

thanks cast
Posted By: rogerh

Re: power panel - 05/14/16 06:45 PM

I have some cheaper 12 and 15 dollar ones bought on ebay that have been in
service for 5 years and still going. Not sure of the brand.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: power panel - 05/14/16 06:46 PM

Get you some metal flex conduit, or some braided steel wire loom for that cable, else the squirrels will have a field day with it.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: power panel - 05/14/16 10:56 PM

I have a couple, worked fine for me. They have an internal battery as well.

Charlie
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: power panel - 05/15/16 01:38 PM

In my experience, everything sold by Moultrie is of poor quality. How long it lasts, or if it even works when you get it is always going to be a guess.

For my feeder and camera, I first went with a cheaper solar panel, probably a Moultrie, that worked good for a couple of months, but they died on me. I was impressed with the results, but realized I needed better quality. Northern Tool sells some decent solar panels. About ten years ago, I bought one very similar to this one and it's been working great every since. I've replaced the battery 3 times since then, but never any problems with the solar cell.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200512420_200512420
Posted By: Cast

Re: power panel - 05/15/16 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
In my experience, everything sold by Moultrie is of poor quality. How long it lasts, or if it even works when you get it is always going to be a guess.

For my feeder and camera, I first went with a cheaper solar panel, probably a Moultrie, that worked good for a couple of months, but they died on me. I was impressed with the results, but realized I needed better quality. Northern Tool sells some decent solar panels. About ten years ago, I bought one very similar to this one and it's been working great every since. I've replaced the battery 3 times since then, but never any problems with the solar cell.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200512420_200512420

That is a very good price. You also need a mount and a controller for the panel. I get my stuff from Kencove

This one powers the Warn winch and the hog light up above. With the big deep cycle battery it will last years.
Posted By: Bbcat78

Re: power panel - 05/16/16 12:58 AM

I've ran that same panel for last 7 years with no issue. In fact I just ordered two more
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum