Texas Hunting Forum

J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx

Posted By: J&S Meat

J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 04/30/16 02:56 PM

We just wanted to inform everyone that hunts around Fairfield and the Freestone county area that the original J&S Meat Processing, LLC is back with the original family that owned and operated it for 30 years. We have all of the old and original recipes that everyone loved!! We appreciate all our customers and are glad to be up and rolling again. Not only do we do wild game but we also do beef, pork, lambs, goats, etc. Our phone number is 903.389.6169. Our address is same as always,180 FM 833 E Fairfield TX 75840. May God bless you during this upcoming deer season.

Our mission is to provide the great service that we offered for so many years. Bring your prized trophy and let us process it to perfection!!
Posted By: nak

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 04/30/16 05:18 PM

Was there a business interruption or change in ownership?

I've had a couple of deer processed there, but not in the last couple of years

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 04/30/16 09:23 PM

Yes there was a champion meat that really made a wreck of things and we didn't renew their lease then we leased to redemption for a little over a year but we got it back now and are really excited about everything and look forward to doing business the way my dad did for 30 years. Thanks for the inquiry.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/01/16 01:21 PM

welcome to the forum.

I had a good friend that hunted around Fairfield who used your services. I always enjoyed everything he shared with me. He spoke very highly of J&S. up

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/01/16 02:02 PM

That is awesome!!! Thank your for the compliment. We are looking forward to dads recipes going on for many years to come.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/02/16 01:37 PM

Glad to know yall are back up and going. up I have used yall a couple of times in the past and was very pleased. Champion...no so much. I got a deer back from part of Champion's "scandal" that was unfit to eat.

Hoping to get to use yall again this year.
Posted By: jwb

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/02/16 03:13 PM

Great news Glad to have yall back and running Will spread the word
Posted By: boonee

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/02/16 03:20 PM

banana I will be back! Used some of the other folks..., then started using someone else! I will put your # back in my phone. We hunt North Navarro County.
Posted By: KCH

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/02/16 03:39 PM

I hunt in Western Navarro County and will bring you this great eight point that has alluded nme the last two seasons, lol!

Do you process hogs as well?
Posted By: bigbuckboy

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/02/16 09:55 PM

I took a deer to champion meat ad never got any meat heard they got shut down glad I didn't pay a deposit
Posted By: fishhuntgolfgeek

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/03/16 05:08 AM

I have used J&S before a long time ago....back when I hunted Gus Engeling and Richland Chambers
on TPWD draw hunts........
I remembered you did a great job. Glad to see your back in business....

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/03/16 11:30 PM

Awesome, thank all of you for your business!!! We're very excited. And yes we do wild hogs as well.

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/09/16 09:49 PM

By the way good luck with this years hunts!!!
Posted By: rickym

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/09/16 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: J&S Meat
Awesome, thank all of you for your business!!! We're very excited. And yes we do wild hogs as well.

That's great to know, not many places put out a good product and deal with hogs too!

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/12/16 12:52 AM

Absolutely, we have customers bring in Wild hogs every week. We had a 300 pound one come in yesterday.
Posted By: PMK

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/12/16 12:53 PM

do you have any specialty types of sausage blends for venison and/or feral hog? Or some type that people just rave about? Do you package in butcher paper or vacuum seal? Looks like I might be doing some hunting around that area this fall.
Posted By: Thump

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/12/16 02:27 PM

My parents always used J&S over the years, I am glad to hear you guys are back!

Re: J&S Meat Processing Fairfield tx - 05/16/16 02:25 AM

Yes. We do more German sausage than anything. However dad did win grand champion on his polish links which we still make. We also do jalapeņo and cheese links. As far as packaging we do whichever way the customer prefers, vacuum pack or double wrap. Oh also the summer sausage is also an award winning product. The peppered back strap and tender loin is very good as well.

Thanks for the questions!!! We aim to please!!! God bless!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum