Texas Hunting Forum

I found a shed...

Posted By: shaggysnack

I found a shed... - 03/29/16 07:20 PM

It looked liked it was shed right off of a truck's bumper right outside North Fort Hood. He looks like he got hit by a vehicle wondered over another 100-120 yards and died on the bank of creek.
Posted By: KP85

Re: I found a shed... - 03/29/16 08:09 PM

Sad fate for a good looking buck...

how do you like being commissioned over enlisted? I got my degree in August and have thought about joining reserves as an officer..enlisted Navy 2008-2012
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: I found a shed... - 03/30/16 01:55 AM

That is a trophy find. I am lucky to find a spike.
Posted By: Dadsaid

Re: I found a shed... - 03/31/16 04:43 AM

Nice
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: I found a shed... - 03/31/16 05:03 AM

I'm not picking on you, Shaggy, I just have a question that's been bugging me for a while.

If I see a roadkill buck on the side of the road, it's illegal for me to go cut his horns. But at some point of decomposition, it's perfectly legal to go pick up a skull off the side of the road.

Anybody know why that is?
Posted By: Russ79

Re: I found a shed... - 03/31/16 02:09 PM

I would guess that if stopped by a LEO or game warden, some poacher might say that he found it on the side of the road hit by a car. If it is showing signs of decomposition or the skull then they would know that it isn't a recent kill and someone trying to get away with something.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: I found a shed... - 04/05/16 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Shotgun Willie
I'm not picking on you, Shaggy, I just have a question that's been bugging me for a while.

If I see a roadkill buck on the side of the road, it's illegal for me to go cut his horns. But at some point of decomposition, it's perfectly legal to go pick up a skull off the side of the road.

Anybody know why that is?

I've wondered that as well. What if you find a dead deer during hunting season, maybe it died naturally. When can you go and grab the skull/antlers?
Posted By: shaggysnack

Re: I found a shed... - 04/05/16 10:25 PM

This one had ben there awhile. There was nothing but bones and a small spot or two of skin/sinew. I'm not sure the law but it's something I think I'll a game warden next time I see one.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum