Texas Hunting Forum

How many??

Posted By: klp

How many?? - 02/07/16 02:27 PM

I was just curious how many guys start looking at the fishing forums and have started preparing for spring fishing (now that hunting is over)?
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: How many?? - 02/07/16 02:32 PM

confused2 theirs a fishing forum ? bang i could be icefishing... flag
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: How many?? - 02/07/16 02:33 PM

Lol. Hunting is far from over for me. It never ends. I'll start fishing usually in mid to late March.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: How many?? - 02/07/16 02:33 PM

never stopped laugh
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: How many?? - 02/07/16 02:49 PM

Nope, hunting is never over. Still have some deer season left, then shed hunting season, then working on predators, then planting spring food plots, etc
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: How many?? - 02/07/16 02:52 PM

Still got pigs and rabbits to kill
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: How many?? - 02/07/16 02:54 PM

Just hunt all year. I'll do a little crappie fishing but Spring is for Turkey's. Axis in the summer and hogs all year. If I hunt all year I don't have to worry about my rifle being sighted in for deer season.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: How many?? - 02/07/16 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: klp
I was just curious how many guys start looking at the fishing forums and have started preparing for spring fishing (now that hunting is over)?

It's never over
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: How many?? - 02/07/16 03:39 PM

We fish our pond when it's nice out and we feel like relaxing for an hour or half a day. Otherwise, fishing isn't something that we find very interesting. I couldn't imagine talking about it. Every hunting magazine that I ever subscribed to that started including fishing articles, I never renewed.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: How many?? - 02/07/16 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
We fish our pond when it's nice out and we feel like relaxing for an hour or half a day. Otherwise, fishing isn't something that we find very interesting. I couldn't imagine talking about it. Every hunting magazine that I ever subscribed to that started including fishing articles, I never renewed.

That is the extent of our fishing too. Hunting goes year around for us, whether we are actually hunting, planning or working on the place. We might wet a hook when we're taking a break, but it isn't something I feel the need to do.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: How many?? - 02/07/16 08:34 PM

I'll fish year round. In another 30 days I'll start getting serious about it. I'm heading to amistad next month. I like to bird hunt but sitting in a stand waiting on a deer or pig is about as boring as it gets. At my deer lease I usually let one of the kids kill mine for me. I'll take fishing over deer hunting any day. At my deer lease I'm more of the cook and whiskey sampler.
Posted By: klp

Re: How many?? - 02/07/16 09:05 PM

I will hunt pigs year round but for me deer duck and dove season are all over😓 . I'm sure things would be a lot different I lived on our place but I do not. Summer is when I start to prepare the food plot. For me, pigs don't get me too excited. Deer hunting>dove and duck>fishing>all others. not sure where whiskey sampler ranks but I'm sure it can rank close to number one.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: How many?? - 02/08/16 05:34 AM

Turkey hunting about to start. About the most exciting time of the year for me.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: How many?? - 02/08/16 06:14 PM

I've been chasing cold water crappie for a few weeks now and will take my son for some white bass runs in the creeks. Don't read up on fishing much though
Posted By: TxAg

Re: How many?? - 02/08/16 06:52 PM

Not even a member at the fishing forum.

My mind stays on hunting. I'm currently thinking about some spring work projects like a couple new feed pens, additional protein feeder, etc. Then it will be time for Spring Turkey hunting. Then summer pig hunting, coon trapping, and more work projects. Then Dove Season, and the cycle starts all over again!

I used to be really into SW fishing as well as Hunting. But, over the last several years hunting has just kind of taken over.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: How many?? - 02/08/16 10:26 PM

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: How many?? - 02/08/16 10:41 PM

I would venture to guess that most that are both hardcore hunters and fishermen are more than likely single or soon to be. grin
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: How many?? - 02/09/16 08:03 PM

What is fishing? I know phishing - I do that year round.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: How many?? - 02/09/16 08:07 PM

once the time changes ill be fishing a good bit.. dont need the forum even though I take a peek now and then... to busy this time of year so fishing is just a get away at the end of the day
Posted By: Western

Re: How many?? - 02/09/16 08:47 PM

I like fishing, mostly for hybrids, striper, but like to get into crappie too
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: How many?? - 02/09/16 09:09 PM

If I'm not hunting I'm fishing. Going to Mobile with a buddy to pick up a new offshore boat Thursday. Time for wahoo and tuna trips.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: How many?? - 02/09/16 09:14 PM

Just Crappie in a few weeks and when that's done Hybrids and then a few trips to the Coast..I have my Pride and Dignity so No to the Forums roflmao
Posted By: PMK

Re: How many?? - 02/09/16 09:42 PM

I do most of my fishing at HEB ... I just never got the bug (my wife is thankful for that) other than paying a guide for a day of bay fishing around Port A/Rockport. Or off the WA/OR coast when out there on our annual mission trip.
Posted By: Revoman

Re: How many?? - 02/10/16 02:10 PM

Already fished one tournament
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum