Fogs Killing Me!!!

Posted By: SniperRAB

Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 01:24 PM

And everything is moving LATE bang

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 01:25 PM

Posted By: Western

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 01:26 PM

Feliz Navidad Amigo! You may get real busy when that fog burns off, good luck, it is a good, cool 36* in Wise Co
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 01:27 PM

Any rut activity? Big bright moon, you should stay out all day grin

Good luck up
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 01:41 PM

Hunting mid-day is much better with the moon like it is now. Fits your style anyway grin He who chums the most wins, correct? Chum on..chum off...chum on...chum off.... roflmao

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 01:50 PM

We literally went in for a hour and hunted all day yesterday STX...it got toasty so I watched the Water Pretty hard and went thru 6 bags of Corn yesterday roflmao

I honestly think it's on the tail in Dave..last week young 8's and spikes were pushing hard...had a good 135-140 10 yesterday that had a ole hussy hemmed up some where, he and I played cat and mouse for over a hour and he would only give me quick glances..busted him on a road but he was only around 3.5 ... But he was holed up pretty good ..

Will see starting to make out some dark blobs now
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 01:52 PM

I feel ya, just had what looked to be this nice 8 ive seen walk off. only needed another couple minutes of sunlight with this fog.

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 01:55 PM

I would bet the rut is not in full swing just yet on your lease. This next week should be the peak for you...if you are hunting next week. rifle deer2
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 02:00 PM

Yeah, sadly ill be back in lake jackson next week.
Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 02:27 PM

I hope the rut holds off until January 7 banana2
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 02:58 PM

Good luck!!!
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 03:09 PM

Hope Santa sends a big'un your way bud. Merry Christmas!

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Best time to rattle is right after New Years down south on places I have been on. cheers
Posted By: Western

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 03:13 PM

I know you're curled up under a blanket in front of the heater, so has Mrs Rab seen any good shooters yet? grin

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 03:15 PM

Heater in Webb County? roflmao It has to be in the 60's this morning down there.

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Heater in Webb County? roflmao It has to be in the 60's this morning down there.

66 and not a *%#>€ ounce of wind to move this Gelatin out of the air...Still can only see 100 yards, see a spike that has STX stamped on his chest roflmao

Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 03:43 PM

coolpics mid day should see some movement.... confused2 i'm just a rofl postal reject , Best Wishes Sniper & Merry Christmas . flag wow cool app had AT&T for years, till hard times hit, now on Sprint with son-in-law & daughter family plan it cheaper... It says its roman , confused2 forien i guess, out of italy... Like the app.. my GPS has one, except most times when seen deer it wasn't the time frame that it said for best or good... Still think a lot is based on were you set up.... flag
Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Best time to rattle is right after New Years down south on places I have been on. cheers

up I wish our season didn't start until Dec and ran through early Feb.

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 06:54 PM

Think you will be shocked this year STX ..its early Amigo

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 10:07 PM

Check with you after next week....

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/25/15 10:24 PM

Shoot me the winning Lottery Numbers for Sat roflmao

I hate Javelinas by the way bang

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/26/15 12:33 AM

Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/26/15 07:36 AM

Beats the chit outta raining buckets blowing sideways....good luck! up
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/26/15 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I've had some of my best hunts while hunting in the fog. We had an outing the other day which started out in a pretty thick fog. We lost Cracker just a few yards into the hunt. The Garmin took us to her. Here she was.

Do you find scenting conditions better in the fog?
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Fogs Killing Me!!! - 12/27/15 01:53 AM

I'm not far from you in Duval County. Last weekend was the first sign of the rut this year for us, wound up does & bucks just starting to chase. I watched the nicest young buck I've ever seen on this place chase does around my stand all morning, (heavy 2.5 yr old 8). It warmed up and activity has slowed down for now. Need another cold snap and it should be on good.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum