Texas Hunting Forum

hunting in lawton ok area

Posted By: piney woods hunter

hunting in lawton ok area - 12/15/15 02:50 AM

my friend may have some private land in Lawton to hunt, anyone have any knowledge of this area. is it just deer any analope or mule deer, how many deer and are big ones in area. ever hunted okkie land before would luv any info yal have
Posted By: boomers

Re: hunting in lawton ok area - 12/15/15 04:14 AM

their is not analope or mule deer in Lawton, Ok. That is my hometown and unless you can get in FT. Sill and and shoot from the range.
Posted By: kmartinusa

Re: hunting in lawton ok area - 12/15/15 04:23 AM

^^what he said^^

I understand that there is some private land that has some elk that wandered off of WMR too.

Quality of deer depends on exactly where the place is. Deer quality in SW Oklahoma can run from poor to great, depending on the usual factors. Our whole area was nailed by the drought and most lost at least one full age class four years ago. Places that had water during the peak of the drought did better. Close to the red river is always good.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: piney woods hunter

Re: hunting in lawton ok area - 12/15/15 01:31 PM

My buddy's kin have picture of very good deer took off place. It's about 9 miles out of Lawton sticker or something similar is what he said. Maybe we can come up and hunt a weekend.have nothing to lose. A few days hunting always better than working
Posted By: Cajunrotor

Re: hunting in lawton ok area - 12/16/15 03:19 AM

Be aware that the OK gun season is VERY short (compared to TX)
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum