Texas Hunting Forum

RTIC coolers

Posted By: USMCatfish

RTIC coolers - 12/14/15 06:23 PM

Does anyone have any experience with these coolers?

Rtic coolers

Steven
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/14/15 06:28 PM

If you don't mind waiting 4 to 6 months on getting one it's a good deal.
Posted By: LFD2037

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/14/15 06:31 PM

Or longer. There's a thread on a different forum where guys pre-ordered in June & won't be getting one until Feb of 2016. They keep kicking back the date. Not worth saving $25 when Pelican blows them away in every aspect.
Posted By: TAT

They match almost identical. Didn't read anything on the site but have they been around long. Now days new cooler companies are popping up everyday.
Posted By: TAT

Good prices though.
Posted By: cerda12

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/14/15 06:45 PM

Just ordered two of their tumblers. Half the price is worth a try.
Posted By: Trust

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/14/15 09:13 PM

Originally Posted By: LFD2037
Or longer. There's a thread on a different forum where guys pre-ordered in June & won't be getting one until Feb of 2016. They keep kicking back the date. Not worth saving $25 when Pelican blows them away in every aspect.

Where can you find a 65qt Pelican for $225?

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/14/15 10:48 PM

I paid $200 for my Pelican 45qt & they want $175 for their 45qt. That's the $25 difference I was referring to.
Posted By: duckbill

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/14/15 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Trust

I paid $299 for my Pelican 95
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/14/15 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: duckbill

Costco puts 'em on sale from time to time. That's where I got my Pelican 95.

(Yeti aggressor alert.)
Posted By: techzan

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/15/15 01:03 AM

I got my RTIC cooler and couldn't be any happier with it. I pre-ordered it several months ago and was told it would arrive in about three months later (which it did). I got a white cooler and think the tan cooler takes longer to get. I have the same sized Yeti cooler and can't tell the difference in quality. The RTIC was 1/2 the cost.
Posted By: REQ

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/15/15 02:35 AM

Do you have an RTIC or how do you know it blows them away in every aspect?

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/15/15 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: REQ

Wouldn't own one. Pelican has them beat by having:
Real handles
real latches
stronger lid
thicker 'plastic' sides/top/bottom
100% made in USA
100% lifetime warranty
Better company

Where does the RTIC (besides being 10% cheaper), or any roto-molded cooler, beat the Pelican?
Posted By: Trust

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/15/15 03:52 AM

Thanks for the heads up about Costco will keep my eyes open for when they go on sale
Posted By: Grizz

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/15/15 04:39 AM

I paid $219 + tax for my 65 qt Pelican online at Walmart.

EDIT: It was actually $216+tax.
Posted By: duckbill

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/15/15 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Originally Posted By: duckbill

Costco puts 'em on sale from time to time. That's where I got my Pelican 95.

(Yeti aggressor alert.)

That's where I bought it
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/15/15 10:27 PM

RTIC is a joke of business. Get preorders up front and keep people waiting 6 months to get their cooler.

Pick a cooler from a legitimate company there are several of them in this space.
Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/15/15 11:36 PM

Real handles
real latches
stronger lid
100% made in USA
100% lifetime warranty
Better company

Where does the RTIC (besides being 10% cheaper), or any roto-molded cooler, beat the Pelican?

I have a Pelican 65, as well as many different size Yetis from 45qt to 250qt. I think they ALL have their positives and negatives. I think the pelican and Yeti each do very well with ice retention. On the negative side for the Pelican, I am not a huge fan of the latches. I also think the drain plug is the absolute weakest link on the Pelican.

I have had issues with both brands. Pelican offers a longer warranty, but they require the customer pay shipping on their defective product. My Pelican 65qt delaminated, and while they would warranty the cooler, I had to pay shipping. My 250qt Yeti did the same, and Yeti sent a new one to me no shipping required.

Again, I think all of the rotomolded brands have some positives and negatives. They are all MUCH more durable than the old Igloo and Coleman coolers. That is the whole reason I bought them.
Posted By: Toxarch

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/16/15 08:46 AM

I have a 45qt on order that is supposed to ship by the end of the month and a 20qt that will ship (maybe) in 4 months. I did get the 35oz glass and have it already. It's very similar to the Yeti one and does just as good of a job. If I needed more of the glasses, I'd definitely buy again.
Posted By: USMCatfish

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/16/15 11:55 AM

Originally Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Real handles
real latches
stronger lid
100% made in USA
100% lifetime warranty
Better company

I have a Pelican 65, as well as many different size Yetis from 45qt to 250qt. I think they ALL have their positives and negatives. I think the pelican and Yeti each do very well with ice retention. On the negative side for the Pelican, I am not a huge fan of the latches. I also think the drain plug is the absolute weakest link on the Pelican.

I have had issues with both brands. Pelican offers a longer warranty, but they require the customer pay shipping on their defective product. My Pelican 65qt delaminated, and while they would warranty the cooler, I had to pay shipping. My 250qt Yeti did the same, and Yeti sent a new one to me no shipping required.

Again, I think all of the rotomolded brands have some positives and negatives. They are all MUCH more durable than the old Igloo and Coleman coolers. That is the whole reason I bought them.
[color:#FF0000][/color]

Are you saying the plastic came loose from the insulation?
Posted By: dkershen

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/16/15 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Grizz

So you bought this $440 Pelican cooler for over 50% off at Walmart.com?? Heck of a deal. Sort of hard not to throw a bs flag here. But maybe they had a black Friday sale or something I missed.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pelican-32-65Q-OC-TAN-Elite-Cooler-65-Qt.-Tan/29591486
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/16/15 09:55 PM

I paid $125 for my M60 and $200 from my M100 from ICEHOLE. Made in Kerrville Texas peep
Posted By: lcbl75771

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/16/15 10:01 PM

Icehole website, it's showing M60 is $469, and $559 for M100. If you can get them for that price, put me down for 1 please, Thanks.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/16/15 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: lcbl75771
Icehole website, it's showing M60 is $469, and $559 for M100. If you can get them for that price, put me down for 1 please, Thanks.

Actually bought several(7 or 8) for Christmas gifts several years ago. Don't think I can get anymore though. They were factory rejects with molding issue on the top of the lid. Cosmetic more than anything. They will not honor the lifetime warranty on them though at that price I paid, which was fine. Inside the cooler, exterior of sides/bottoms was fine, hinges and the seals all were in great condition. I kept ice in one of my 100qt for 9 days in West Texas. I opened it once or twice a day to get drinks out or a bag of ice for another cooler.
Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/16/15 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: USMCatfish
Originally Posted By: GOLDSTEIN

Real handles
real latches
stronger lid
100% made in USA
100% lifetime warranty
Better company

Are you saying the plastic came loose from the insulation?

Yes. The front plastic essentially bubbled. Happened on the Pelican 65 and the Yeti 250. Can happen on any of them. How the company handles it is the key for me.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/16/15 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: lcbl75771

Actually bought several(7 or 8) for Christmas gifts several years ago. Don't think I can get anymore though. They were factory rejects with molding issue on the top of the lid. Cosmetic more than anything. They will not honor the lifetime warranty on them though at that price I paid, which was fine. Inside the cooler, exterior of sides/bottoms was fine, hinges and the seals all were in great condition. I kept ice in one of my 100qt for 9 days in West Texas. I opened it once or twice a day to get drinks out or a bag of ice for another cooler.

Hi, Merry Christmas sir.
Posted By: Fat Tire

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/16/15 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen

So you bought this $440 Pelican cooler for over 50% off at Walmart.com?? Heck of a deal. Sort of hard not to throw a bs flag here. But maybe they had a black Friday sale or something I missed.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pelican-32-65Q-OC-TAN-Elite-Cooler-65-Qt.-Tan/29591486

They have a 65qt white one online for $279. Costco carries them in the summer for a little over $200 if I remember correctly.

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/17/15 04:00 AM

That website is a joke. I followed your link & this 95qt was right above the 65qt.
65qt - $439
95qt - $431
http://www.walmart.com/ip/PELICAN-95Q-OC...dingMethod=p13n

Here's Walmart website, again, but a 65qt for $279
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pelican-32-65Q...-65qt./21804289

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/17/15 08:05 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I paid $125 for my M60 and $200 from my M100 from ICEHOLE. Made in Kerrville Texas peep

Buddy has one of the Icehole coolers. He said it does pretty good.
RTIC is based in Houston.
Posted By: Bison Coolers

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/17/15 01:40 PM

Give us a good look too. We're based in Fort Worth, TX and have been manufacturing American-made roto-molded coolers since 2011. You can use coupon code "TEXASHUNTING" to save $15 on any cooler.

• True to size capacity (e.g., Bison 100 = 100 quarts whereas Yeti 100 = 77 quarts)
  • Custom lid graphics
  • Dual drain plugs
  • Built-in ruler
  • Open grab handles for securing cooler
  • ~$80 cheaper on average

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/18/15 10:49 PM

You can throw all the flags you want hoss. If you look at items on their website, some are sold by Walmart and some are other vendors. When Walmart has the coolers in stock they are a lot cheaper than the other vendors on their site. Here is the relevant part of my order. Right after I bought mine the only ones on their site were $380.00.

Posted By: splash556

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/19/15 12:04 AM

Just bought a pelican wheeled 80 qt and a 20 qt in Houston. Lifetime warranty and the place I bought it from said if I ever needed warranty work, they would do it in house. Suggested it would be a lot faster than dealing with pelican direct and they keep a good stock of all items as well as parts. Good people to work with. (Atlas Industrial Supply)

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/23/15 04:36 AM

I just saw an ad for the RTIC 30 oz. cups for $19.99. I'm definitely looking at them if I decide to get another rotomolded cooler.

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/23/15 09:28 AM

I just saw an ad for the RTIC 30 oz. cups for $19.99. I'm definitely looking at them if I decide to get another rotomolded cooler.

I bought one of the 30oz cups. Works awesome. Looks very similar to the Yeti version but slight changes it a few areas. The RTIC one has a wider base than the Yeti in case anyone is trying to fit one in a vehicle cup holder. I bought in on the first batch so I got it fairly quick. They are backordered like crazy now so order well before you need it. Also, they have an optional spill proof lid supposed to be out in January. Still waiting on my coolers.
Posted By: tlk

Re: RTIC coolers - 12/24/15 01:26 AM

this stuff cracks me up - it is a piece of plastic that holds ice - simple as that
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum