Texas Hunting Forum

Processor near Brady

Posted By: Cinch

Processor near Brady - 12/01/15 10:23 PM

Looking for recommendations for processor near Brady. Never hunted that area before and deer will be quartered, but need processor to finish it out. Not necessarily the cheapest, but the best and most honest... Thanks for the help
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Processor near Brady - 12/02/15 01:46 AM

If your traveling from Brady to Lubbock and you pass thru Ballinger, try Owens Processing. You wont be disappointed...
Posted By: UTMallard

Re: Processor near Brady - 12/02/15 06:58 PM

Steve's Meat Market in Brady is hard to beat. Have gone there for years. Good steaks too.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Processor near Brady - 12/03/15 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: UTMallard
Steve's Meat Market in Brady is hard to beat. Have gone there for years. Good steaks too.
Posted By: SeaIsleAl

Re: Processor near Brady - 12/03/15 09:47 AM

Try the backstaps a la Ramon at JR Custom Processing just North of town.

http://www.jrcustomprocessing.com
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Processor near Brady - 12/06/15 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Longhunter
If your traveling from Brady to Lubbock and you pass thru Ballinger, try Owens Processing. You wont be disappointed...
owens is awesome
Posted By: DrifterAT

Re: Processor near Brady - 12/07/15 12:26 AM

I just picked up a deer from Steve's in Brady. First time and I have mixed feelings but I haven't eaten any of the meat yet.

They do not vacuum seal the steaks/hamburger/chile meat. Steaks are wrapped in freezer paper.

I ordered 5 lbs of jerky and it came frozen, all in one package, but the vacuum seal didn't take. I'll split the jerky up in small packages and vacuum seal it.

I ordered summer sausage and they come in a 12" log (1 - 2 lbs) and one of them had a torn vacuum seal. Guess I'll thaw and eat this one but I sure wish they packaged them in smaller content.

My deer was ready 7 days after I dropped it off which surprised me cause I expected some aging.
Posted By: 4x4willie

Re: Processor near Brady - 12/21/15 02:20 PM

Try this guy you will not be disappointed he is north of town on 377
325-456-1544
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum