Texas Hunting Forum

Don't forget to lock up your stuff

Posted By: Texas Fight

Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 11/28/15 04:28 PM

Just a reminder.

Had a 80x40 shop built on my land off lake Palestine. Went out last night to spend the night and get up early and hunt. What I assume was kids, drank all my beer, smoked all my tobacco, ate food from the fridge, played ping pong and basket ball, cleaned up and left. Left a turd in toilet because water was turned off. Expensive tools, tv, radio all still there. Thankfully. Game trail cam still there but sd card missing.

Could have been worse. Video survallence system inbound.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 11/28/15 04:53 PM

At least they cleaned up and didnt tear the place apart.
Posted By: cp50948

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 11/28/15 04:57 PM

May want to question some of the kids that may know you. Sounds like someone may have thrown themselves a little get together with friends that may know you.
Posted By: TAT

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 11/28/15 05:32 PM

This ^. Most people don't break in a and clean up! Lol
Posted By: Sparky45

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 11/28/15 06:04 PM

Simply Safe security

works on cell phone tower.
It will text you if you have a break in, you can drive up on them while they are making popcorn and whip their asses then call the Sheriff
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 11/28/15 06:59 PM

Really glad you didn't loose anything....sounds like someone that knows you.....

Don't mean to hijack but does anyone here have "Simply Safe"? I'm looking for something at the house and my shop....good, bad, features, etc...

Thanks!
Posted By: Shawheel

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 11/28/15 07:27 PM

I recently got SimpliSafe and it works well. It's more up front but you don't have the crazy monthly rates or a contract. If I decide to sell it with my house it's fine, or I can take it with me wherever. They sell refurbished systems on their website that are pretty reasonable. You can buy individual sensors to customize your setup. Setup is wireless and dead simple.

If you are a cheapskate (like me) monitoring is about $15 a month. If you want all the fancy alerts to your cell phone and what-not (meh) it's about $21 I think.
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 11/28/15 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Really glad you didn't loose anything....sounds like someone that knows you.....

Don't mean to hijack but does anyone here have "Simply Safe"? I'm looking for something at the house and my shop....good, bad, features, etc...

Thanks!

X's 2
Anybody have any reviews?
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 11/28/15 08:01 PM

X3
Posted By: Texas Fight

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 11/28/15 08:32 PM

Don't know many people on purpose so suspect local kids on holiday break.

I bought a 4 camera system on Amazon for 260 that wil txt me when an event happens and let's you view from phone app. No monthly fee.
Also Have local alarm company putting hardwire hardware in next month. I have it at home and like the system. Just got to comfortable out there before installed.
Posted By: tex70

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 11/28/15 11:25 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if you get a return visit soon, especially with the long xmas break coming up in a few weeks
Posted By: Someone

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 11/30/15 08:50 PM

not flushing the toilet is just plain rude as is showing up to a party to drop a deuce anyway.....kids these days flush wife
Posted By: MS1454

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 11/30/15 10:30 PM

sounds like immigrants came by
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 12/01/15 12:01 AM

Just think of the DNA left behind and I'm not talking about the turd confused2
Posted By: lcbl75771

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 12/01/15 08:00 PM

Someone you know!!! If they don't know you they would have cleaned you out and not taken the time to clean up around the place.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 12/01/15 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: MS1454

Its Lake Palestine.... rofl
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 12/01/15 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
Originally Posted By: MS1454

Its Lake Palestine.... rofl

There aren't immigrants at Lake Palestine? confused2

rofl
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 12/01/15 10:07 PM

Sorry I couldn't find the water main...
Posted By: nick_adams

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 12/01/15 11:05 PM

I have a simplisafe system, and really like it.

You can buy just the components you need, and it is really easy to install and setup yourself.

No long term contracts, and monitoring is like $15 per month, as a previous poster mentioned.

I have had one false alarm with the system, which was my fault (interior door that had a door sensor and I didnt shut it good, and it swung open when the house shifted or a puff of wind came along.)

Monitoring company called me to see if it was a valid alarm, then called the sheriff, who had a deputy out there shortly who looked around and reported back to me that all looked ok.

Their monitoring company has also called me when I was testing the system a couple of times to confirm that the testing was working, and they were getting signals.

They also have monitored smoke detectors and leak detectors, and will call the fire dept if the smoke goes off, or just call you if the leak/water detector goes off.

I was quite impressed with the system. They are also apparently working on cameras that will work with their system in some fashion, but have not released those yet.

The system contains its own cell phone to call out, so you dont have to have a land line, or pay for a cell subscription or anything to get monitoring either, which is good.

I havent run into any problems or downside to them yet. (had them about a year now...)
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 12/01/15 11:32 PM

What kind of beer?
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Don't forget to lock up your stuff - 12/02/15 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
Sorry I couldn't find the water main...

If there was Javi remains and week old Chili this would NOT shock me roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum