Texas Hunting Forum

This rain needs to let up!!!!

Posted By: Mike Honcho

This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/07/15 04:58 PM

How many of yall got rained out tgis morning? I made it to the stand, but with such heavy rain didnt see but 3 young does, the feeder was basically in a swamp.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/07/15 05:01 PM

Let it rain. I saw 6 bucks and 3 does before 7. Then the bottom dropped out for the next 2.5 hrs.
Posted By: Mike Honcho

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/07/15 05:07 PM

Well i know i shouldnt complain about rain, but it was coming down so hard nothing was really moving.
Posted By: Barcelona Rick

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/07/15 05:56 PM

Around 4 am we had a flood...my son could not make it to the blind because of high water. He is not a happy man...still sprinkling but hopefully the water will recede enough for him to hunt this afternoon...
Posted By: bp3

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/07/15 06:00 PM

We always need rain rifle
Posted By: Mr. T.

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/07/15 08:00 PM

Sitting at stand when the rain quit. I thought, man their going to start moving now. Did not see a deer this morning. Heading back out at 3 this afternoon because I don't have to kill a deer to have fun deer hunting.........but, it would be nice.
Posted By: tlk

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/07/15 10:54 PM

I am guessing it washed out opening weekend across much of the state - I drove 3.5 hours home this morning and it rained the entire time - our place was a total mess
Posted By: JD4030

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/07/15 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: jorge
Well i know i shouldnt complain about rain, but it was coming down so hard nothing was really moving.in the blind.

Same, saw one small buck. Drove from Lewisville to Glen Rose and it rained the entire way, then another two hours in the blind. Never going to complain about rain though.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/08/15 12:11 AM

popcorn any thing confused2 any body flag
Posted By: GLC

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/08/15 12:19 AM

Went to the lease Thursday night. As I drove up in Red River county the bottom fell out, literally flooded most of the lease. Hunted Friday last day of bow season there and then rifle today . Saw absolutely nothing, no tracks at any feeder not even pig tracks and I have tons of pigs. Oh well will try next time.

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/08/15 01:47 AM

cheers not gonna see nothen sitten at the house... It was raining here early morniing, let up light drizzle on & off... But 2:30 it was pretty much threw... Nice an cool out, pulled SD cards, nothen on em... Tomorrow another day... flag
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/08/15 01:53 AM

I will always take the rains, my first drought was the 1950's, any rain and too much rain is better than no rain.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/08/15 02:10 AM

Agree DC, don't complain about rain, never know when it will stop for a few years
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/08/15 04:07 AM

What? Nobody checked the weather before going out?????

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/08/15 01:32 PM

cheers Checked the weather, litptle rain never hurt no one... scratch opening morning comes once a year, rofl sounds like the only thing out doors twas the hogs & deer... See their were a dew hunters out in the woods... Their were several flocks of geese over head here... Still got two months ta hunt... Plenty of time... Some needed the rain more than others... Any one out taday ? Cool weather should get things moving... flag
Posted By: huntindude

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/09/15 01:41 PM

It rained pretty much all day Sat. Saw more bucks than doe. Only 2 doe that morning. Bucks kept trotting by to check out where I put corn to check if doe where there. It was a fun hunt IMO. Didnt shoot anything though.
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: This rain needs to let up!!!! - 11/09/15 01:58 PM

I haven't hunted for about about a week but I have seen good deer in the fields right after the rain.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum