Texas Hunting Forum

It was just a matter of time.

Posted By: HWY_MAN

It was just a matter of time. - 11/02/15 11:33 PM

Had a couple of skirmish's with hogs on the big ranch over the years but now they moved in on my place, feeding 12 places and they've found two of them.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/02/15 11:38 PM

This,
http://www.wirelesstraps.com/

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/02/15 11:51 PM

I think there's more than enough guys on here to help eradicate a sounder of insurgent swine.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 12:02 AM

Hopefully they will move on when it dries up Sir, or at least slow down.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
I think there's more than enough guys on here to help eradicate a sounder of insurgent swine.

I think all you have to do if extend the invitation and they would be lined up on your doorstep.... rofl

Time to harvest a little bacon! grill
Posted By: Western

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 12:58 AM

Thankfully, I have never had to deal with them on our place. Even the few on a couple of leases didn't make an impact like some of the THF'rs have had to go through. I think if I suddenly found them on my place, it would be a number 1 priority. When we had a larger place, I definitely would have made it a priority.

No doubt you will find many willing to thin them out for ya though.

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler

I think all you have to do if extend the invitation and they would be lined up on your doorstep.... rofl

Time to harvest a little bacon! grill

If I can get them coming in consistently the call out will be made. There's a worthless doughnut eating cop in Midland that was looking pretty skinny last time I saw him, I'm sure he's got a few boys that are more than willing. I have to be careful though Mrs. B loves killing hogs.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 01:20 AM

I'm westbound down I-20, the second week of December, bound for Sanderson mulies...
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 01:23 AM

Make a full auto AR and go to war with the pigs, literally.
roflmao

12 pigs should be done with in a weekend, me thinks.

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
I'm westbound down I-20, the second week of December, bound for Sanderson mulies...

If we don't have them knocked out by then your more than welcome.

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 01:28 AM

This is as close as I can get.
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 01:45 AM

Minor in training approves grin

Awesome sig line btw.
Posted By: swmays

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Western
Thankfully, I have never had to deal with them on our place.

I can't believe you said that out loud...
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: swmays

I thought the same thing, poor fella.

They've been showing up occasionally on the game camera at my little place. Just not often enough to pattern or try trapping them. Little devils. They'll get what's comin' to them in the end.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 04:05 AM

Originally Posted By: swmays

I have been saying it for 20 years and hope for another 20 years to follow cheers

As a side note, I enjoy shooting them on other people's property grin
Posted By: passthru

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 04:38 AM

I enjoy shooting pigs. If they aren't around I can't shoot them. Imagine how boring hunting would be if all I had on my lease is deer. I don't think I could handle only hunting 3 months of the year.
Posted By: kry226

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 09:03 AM

Originally Posted By: passthru
I enjoy shooting pigs. If they aren't around I can't shoot them. Imagine how boring hunting would be if all I had on my lease is deer. I don't think I could handle only hunting 3 months of the year.

Yeah, but your deer hunting would probably be a lot better if you didn't have the hogs around.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 12:08 PM

I don't think I could handle only hunting 3 months of the year.

That's the way it was for a long time and that's how I think all the great traditions and camaraderie around opening day got started. A lot of things are more fun when you can't get it all the time. laugh

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 12:15 PM

To be honest I'm kind of the same way, I do like hunting hogs.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 05:05 PM

If it is a serious problem, you could hook up with a helicopter hunting service

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbth...-_H#Post5985070
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 07:02 PM

Got video on FB... Got them hogs tearnen up your yard & pastures ? Need an exterminator ? Who ya gonna call ? The hog-buster ... Tis name gave me AR... slinger have gun will travel.. Didn't get any replies... flag
Posted By: YellowDog

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/03/15 10:31 PM

Hey Hwy_Man I'd love to take a few hogs and coyotes off your place. Im just down the road from you

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/04/15 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: YellowDog
Hey Hwy_Man I'd love to take a few hogs and coyotes off your place. Im just down the road from you

Where is your place from Forsan?
Posted By: ddmm

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/06/15 07:08 PM

well, we haven't had any on our place in Mills county, although there are lots of them within the county...UNTIL...the SOB that owns a VERY small place across the road decided to bring some in for HIS DAY HUNTERS!! got a pic of a boar on the camera a couple weeks ago.
This is the same SOB the GW had to pay a visit to and get him to pull the stands off the fence lines. Now we have a game camera watching his entrance to see if we can actually get pics of him bringing more SH*T in. I really want to shot'em and go put them in front of his gate.
Posted By: thecoach

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/06/15 10:36 PM

where abouts in mills is this happening and do you happen to know the landowner?
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/06/15 10:46 PM

I updated my equipment for this very purpose. The hogs on the Pitchfork are getting out of control. We don't have the hunters per acre to even come close to keeping up with the killing that needs to be done. My Wilson Combat 308 is ready for the challenge. It will roll them over like a steam roller with the 178 grain Amax. up
Posted By: ddmm

Re: It was just a matter of time. - 11/07/15 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By: thecoach
where abouts in mills is this happening and do you happen to know the landowner?
>

North of Goldthwaite and yes. We've put out cameras to try and get pics of him actually bringing them in. With the pics it's hard to prove.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum