Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/25/15 03:10 AM

Why does a buck need a license? bolt
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/25/15 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
hammer
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/25/15 04:22 AM

Sad deal for the deer. He grew up to be the best deer he could be, a record book maker, only to be shot by this low life and denied his rightful place in the book.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/25/15 03:10 PM

Wow, that was fouled all the way around. Seems like the penalties should be higher for repeat offenders.
Posted By: allterrain

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/25/15 03:29 PM

bang
Posted By: Cast

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/25/15 03:46 PM

Sad.
Posted By: Western

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/25/15 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Wow, that was fouled all the way around. Seems like the penalties should be higher for repeat offenders.

10k fine and 1 year in jail would be a good start. Just pure greed IMO. Maybe a fine structure that reflect the caliber of the deer killed, for a possible top 5 buck, maybe 50k fine and 5 years in the pen.
Posted By: fgdn

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/25/15 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy

he knew all the time, and still took the shot. and had prior

hit them in the pocket book, and hit em hard.

kind of curious what prior was
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/25/15 08:32 PM

Some peoples kids!!!

I can say this, that would for sure ruin a friendship with me, but on the other hand, i am pretty anal about people i have on my lease, making sure they have a license and HE.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/25/15 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Stickchunker
Some peoples kids!!!

I can say this, that would for sure ruin a friendship with me, but on the other hand, i am pretty anal about people i have on my lease, making sure they have a license and HE.

Same here. I cannot believe that no one knew about him not having a license, and even allowed him to hunt. On our lease or our property it is part of standard information when you get there, like signing a waiver. I bet that doesn't happen there again. His hunting buddies have to be furious that they didn't get a chance to put that deer in the books.
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/25/15 09:48 PM

Too little fine and time. mad
Posted By: tlk

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/25/15 10:18 PM

aside from the license, who they heck lets a guest shoot a deer like that off their lease? That is what happens when guest do not sit with the lease member
Posted By: Justin T

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/26/15 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
Sad deal for the deer. He grew up to be the best deer he could be, a record book maker, only to be shot by this low life and denied his rightful place in the book.

I'm guessing he doesn't care either way. deer2
Posted By: D-Day

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/26/15 02:39 AM

The human animal is quite disappointing.
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/26/15 01:04 PM

That really sucks for that camp. I bet the GW visits them more often. I took a guy on a dove hunt some years back and he brought a friend. Well the friend had no hunters ed, no plug in his shotgun or HIP cert. Last time I ever had anyone one out with me without checking if they had all the right credentials. I don't care if he wasn't prepared because they were his tickets, but I was embarrassed when the game warden asked me if he was with my group and I had to say yes. Now every opening day we get a visit from the GW. We're marked because of that DA.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/26/15 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: hook_n_line
That really sucks for that camp. I bet the GW visits them more often. I took a guy on a dove hunt some years back and he brought a friend. Well the friend had no hunters ed, no plug in his shotgun or HIP cert. Last time I ever had anyone one out with me without checking if they had all the right credentials. I don't care if he wasn't prepared because they were his tickets, but I was embarrassed when the game warden asked me if he was with my group and I had to say yes. Now every opening day we get a visit from the GW. We're marked because of that DA.

Interesting perception. You mention he had several violations but most likely because of his ignorance or lack of knowledge he did not realize he was at fault. Couple of quick questions from an experienced hunter such as you could have made the trip much better. Yet you refer to him as a DA. Not trying to argue, but I have whittled a plug from a tree limb to help a newbie. cheers JMO
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/27/15 02:19 PM

man that's a sad deal all around. Beautiful buck... bang
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/27/15 02:29 PM

"Toups admitted to illegally shooting the deer without a permit—but it was later learned that he wasn’t even eligible to purchase a Louisiana hunting license because of a previous infraction. "

"Officials issued Toups citations, seized the deer, donated the meat to a local charity, and collected the head and antlers as evidence. If convicted, Toups could receive up to $3,000 in fines and restitution, and spend several months in jail."
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/27/15 02:30 PM

lol 3k... bad boy bad don't do that again ok
Posted By: Justin T

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/27/15 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
lol 3k... bad boy bad don't do that again ok

Cheaper than a lease!
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/27/15 06:10 PM

I bet he keeps the trophy pictures and brags.
Posted By: JThoele

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/27/15 07:58 PM

"Sad deal for the deer"? Pretty sure I am willing to bet that deer didn't have a personal dream of growing and carrying around as much antler as possible to then sacrifice himself to a hunter so he could earn a " rightful place in the book" LOL. The situation may be an unfortunate one, but I don't think the deer is shedding any more sorrow whether he was killed by lawful or unlawful means.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/28/15 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: JThoele

"Sad deal for the deer"? Pretty sure I am willing to bet that deer didn't have a personal dream of growing and carrying around as much antler as possible to then sacrifice himself to a hunter so he could earn a " rightful place in the book" LOL. The situation may be an unfortunate one, but I don't think the deer is shedding any more sorrow whether he was killed by lawful or unlawful means.

Right.. It's funny we think peta or animal rights activist are crazy saying put them away or throw the book at him for us just hunting in general but then we turn around saying throw the book at him and he's trash and all this over the top punishment just because he shot a deer without a tag.. Just because we now say it's not right? The guy didn't kill anyone.. Rape anyone.. Rob you blind.. He killed a deer that would have died one way or another.. yes he broke the law and yes he should pay his dues... but a couple months jail time is well enough for shootin a deer.
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/28/15 01:51 AM

That is one hell of a buck.
Too bad.
Scum will always be scum. bang
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/28/15 03:50 AM

Whoever invited the guy to hunt as a guest sure had lousy judgement. Guy had already lost his Right to even get a hunting license.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/28/15 08:39 PM

I really don't attach any personal aspirations or dreams of grandeur to animal. Just saying it's sad for everyone that this kind of jack-wad is out there. That would have been a much nicer buck for someone legal. I'd rather see his mount on someone's wall than in some travelling "Wall of Shame," which is where it'll likely end up.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Man shoots a huge buck without a license - 10/28/15 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: tlk
aside from the license, who they heck lets a guest shoot a deer like that off their lease? That is what happens when guest do not sit with the lease member

This. I've always said if someone kills the wrong deer on my place, it's my fault because they weren't being guided. Even though that person knew what was ok to shoot and not, I have no one to blame but myself. That said, the person will never be invited to hunt with me, again.

I'll never understand someone who won't pay the few $ for a hunting and/or fishing license. It's a small expense.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum