Texas Hunting Forum

Poachers caught

Posted By: bull279

Poachers caught - 10/22/15 12:02 AM

Epic Poaching Ring Nabbed
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 12:10 AM

WTH is wrong with people. They need to be taken out of the gene pool.
Posted By: THETEXAN

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 12:10 AM

My Gawd !! I hope they spend the rest of there life in prison. What a waste! I can't wait to here about there punishment.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 12:16 AM

Four adults and two juveniles are facing more than 175 state jail felony and Class A misdemeanor charges after an investigation of a poaching case in Leon County
The charges stem from what the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department described Wednesday as “a surreal chain of poaching events between June 4 and Aug. 29 (that involved) the illegal killing of at least 68 white-tailed deer, numerous other wildlife species and livestock, and the indiscriminate and widespread destruction of public and private property.”

bang hope they rot in jail
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 12:18 AM

Bury them under the jail.
Posted By: Kawabuggy

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 12:37 AM

You have to wonder what type of "parenting" these people had at home.. It amazes me that people can be so callous, and just plain sick within themselves. The only next logical step from killing animals, is killing people. Glad they got caught. They need lot's of jail time, and lot's of psychological counseling. Eventually they will be free, and they will be reproducing.. What type of kids do you think they will raise? It's a cycle people. Let's break the cycle. Castration is a good place to start. You get to keep your life, but you won't bring forth any more life like you..
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 12:42 AM

That's crazy...
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 12:45 AM

That homemade suppressor part, should be turned over to the Feds, for some charges with serious time attached.

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 01:05 AM

We had someone messing around the family farm (northern Leon county) I am wondering if it was these idiots.
Posted By: fast88

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Espy
Four adults and two juveniles are facing more than 175 state jail felony and Class A misdemeanor charges after an investigation of a poaching case in Leon County
The charges stem from what the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department described Wednesday as “a surreal chain of poaching events between June 4 and Aug. 29 (that involved) the illegal killing of at least 68 white-tailed deer, numerous other wildlife species and livestock, and the indiscriminate and widespread destruction of public and private property.”

bang hope they rot in jail

This
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 01:46 AM

Yea see ya in about 20 years guys, hope it was worth it.
Posted By: maximum

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 01:59 AM

"no one else reported any suspicious activity he said.
not a single call "

there's your really sad part right there
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 02:10 AM

hammer hammer
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 02:59 AM

Sooooo they just been watching them this whole time?

Wonder how they linked it all together... wonder who it was that was just right down the road and i aint herd a peep about it
Posted By: H-Town Hunter

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 03:19 AM

This is so sad to hear. People like this give all us REAL hunters and sportsmen bad names. Really like how they pointed out this is NOT how hunters act. Happy hunting friends. flag
Posted By: kry226

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 11:22 AM

Just wanted the thrill of killing. Sad.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 11:28 AM

"Additionally, they are being charged with shooting and killing five cows and hacking to death a sixth cow with a machete."

eek2
How long ya reckon it'd take to kill a cow with a machete?
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop
"Additionally, they are being charged with shooting and killing five cows and hacking to death a sixth cow with a machete."

eek2
How long ya reckon it'd take to kill a cow with a machete?

That's "Apocalypse Now" type crap. Gotta be meth heads. There's no "rehabilitating" these losers. When they're let out, they'll just do more stupid stuff, or, move on to murder.
Posted By: Dry Fire

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: maximum
"no one else reported any suspicious activity he said.
not a single call "

there's your really sad part right there

When I heard gunshot(s) after dark while at the ranch, I assumed it is night time hog hunters.
Posted By: HS2

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 01:09 PM

Who in the world would want to kill a blue heron? That's just really juvinle type stuff. I guess this stuff has always happened, but hopefully it's getting less often.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: bull279
We had someone messing around the family farm (northern Leon county) I am wondering if it was these idiots.

We had a neighbor cow shot from the road early this year near Palo Pinto...makes you wonder.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: HS2
Who in the world would want to kill a blue heron? That's just really juvinle type stuff. I guess this stuff has always happened, but hopefully it's getting less often.

I worked for a man for a short time who owns a hunting ranch from southlake. I quit working for after riding around in his truck with him when he grabbed his glock and started firing at a heron on a stock tank like it was the thing to do. He missed every shot as it was about 100 yards away otherwise I would have reported him.
Posted By: HunterMattW2

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 02:48 PM

Woof, that's quite the list!

I wonder how they will treat the wildlife counts..."at least" 68 WTD...various other species, like they do in mitigation where each item has a price tag.....a fish, 10 cents, a plant, 1 cent...into felonies, state, federal counts etc...

And I'm also wondering if they'll bring in the Special Rangers to prosecute for the livestock. I would almost think they could make more haste tagging them with 6 counts of livestock crime to get the ball rolling while TPWD sorts out how they are going to charge for the approximate wildlife damage....sheesh, hacking a dang cow to death with a dang machete?!
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 02:53 PM

them som-biches scum need to be publicly hung hi & dry from a fat branch of Treaty Oak in Austin with rope made from the sinew of all them critters they butchered!

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: HunterMattW2
And I'm also wondering if they'll bring in the Special Rangers to prosecute for the livestock.

I would bet that they were involved in the investigation. But I would imagine that since they have already been arrested, they wouldn't need to call them in after the fact.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 03:14 PM

Where are the names of the adults?
There's a similar situation in the are I hunt, a group of poachers operating for decades. A few of land owners in the area are actually sympathetic toward the group. Stating "they aren't bad people blah blah"
Those folks aren't aware of the cattle that have been slaughtered, the game animals and non game animals killed on private property at night, the critters shot in the road in the wee hours of the morning etc etc. It isn't inconceivable this group could be operating in other areas. The paterfamilias of the group has a last name most commonly associated with a mans first name.
Posted By: Western

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 03:31 PM

I think their "sickness" goes far deeper than killing animals, to kill like that is evil.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 05:52 PM

From the article: "They’re also being charged in the killings of six cows, five of which were shot and once of which was hacked to death with a machete, officials said."

eek2
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Poachers caught - 10/22/15 06:00 PM

The criminal aspects just may be the least of their worries. Civil restitution fees for wildlife in Texas are pretty expensive; and if the Feds get involved on the migratory birds the great-grandchildren will be paying off fees.
Then any of the land/property owners can sue them for damages (you have any idea what a good head of beef is going for now a days).
If the juveniles aren't related to the adults their families can be on the hook.

At least they won't have far to go for prison. Walker County, Huntsville, is right next door.
Posted By: cp50948

Re: Poachers caught - 10/23/15 03:49 PM

I hunt a place that is in northern Leon county. We've been having problems with poachers for a couple years. You could see their tracks on the caliche road where they would pull to the sides to spotlight in fields. Had a couple young bucks shot and left in field, one was shot in a horse pen and left less than 100 yrds from cabin. Hope it was these sorry turds.

Re: Poachers caught - 10/23/15 09:58 PM

Here's the guns and the scumbags (all scumbags are considered innocent until proven guilty)
Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: Poachers caught - 10/23/15 10:19 PM

Some propyl just want to watch the world burn.
Posted By: texashelms

Re: Poachers caught - 10/24/15 01:53 AM

Think I know these folks and they've been reported and caught before. One time i went over a friend of friends house and saw eight dead deer in the front yard. They only removed the back straps and let the rest of the deer just rot away. The hole family(20+ members) would do this all summer long because none of them worked. This was over 20 years ago when I when witnessed this act. At the time I was practicing taxidermy and they bring would over several different protected birds asking if I would give it a go. I never did, always said "hell no" but it never slowed them down from asking. Before you say oh come ain't no law going to give people like this a pass. Well you've never lived in a small town.
Posted By: Kawabuggy

Re: Poachers caught - 10/24/15 02:24 AM

In case anyone was wondering what human trash looks like, please see the pics above. I hope time in the pen with hardened criminals, and those guys being their ladies, will fix what ails them mentally. But I doubt it.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Poachers caught - 10/24/15 02:57 AM

I don't like the hate word, but I hate scumbags like these guys. Rot in hell.
Posted By: therancher

Re: Poachers caught - 10/24/15 12:31 PM

Oh wow. I did NOT know there were places in the world where guys still sported mullets! Awesome!

Looks like there's a few layers of inbreeding going on there. I don't think they're gonna get as much time as y'all think. It's really a catch 22. I personally don't want to spend a lot of taxpayer dollars on their upkeep for a lotta years.

And if you take away all their stuff... well, let's just say I'm not thinking any of these knuckleheads have a lot of valuables...
Posted By: rickym

Re: Poachers caught - 10/24/15 12:47 PM

What's leaning against the tree was probably their valuables
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Poachers caught - 10/25/15 09:04 PM

Dunno, but the guy in the second pic looks like he might like wearing a rag mop wig and lip stick.
Posted By: D-Day

Re: Poachers caught - 10/25/15 09:11 PM

Social degenerates. They are young sociopaths. I see a contemptuous smugness in all three of them.
Posted By: breadman

Re: Poachers caught - 10/30/15 11:12 AM

heck they probley stole the guns to !
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum