Texas Hunting Forum

Erath-in the stand now part 3

Posted By: Erathkid

Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/08/15 11:40 PM

I was gonna' go fishing but decided to sit out one more evening. I'm sitting overlooking a Spanish oak hillside with a pond down below. Very scenic with the sumac starting to turn crimson. Waitin' on a certain pig. He only comes around once in a blue moon. Speaking of 'Blue moon', I think I'll have one. Dead quiet and a little warm right now.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/08/15 11:47 PM

Good luck

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/08/15 11:53 PM

Thanks BOBO. I didn't have any off but I found some roundup, so I sprayed down, but good up
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/08/15 11:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
I was gonna' go fishing but decided to sit out one more evening. I'm sitting overlooking a Spanish oak hillside with a pond down below. Very scenic with the sumac starting to turn crimson. Waitin' on a certain pig. He only comes around once in a blue moon. Speaking of 'Blue moon', I think I'll have one. Dead quiet and a little warm right now.
worthless

Good luck Sir.....

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 12:07 AM

I burned this whole valley back in february, the bluestem and Indian grass looks beautiful...Still pretty warm, morning hunt would probably be better. Hard to get up at 0500 to shoot a pig though.

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 12:08 AM

Snake, I just got this smart phone 6 months ago. Still haven't figured out the pic thang.

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 12:11 AM

I burned this whole valley back in february, the bluestem and Indian grass looks beautiful...Still pretty warm, morning hunt would probably be better. Hard to get up at 0500 to shoot a pig though.

Fire is your friend when used properly....sound like you used it well! up

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 12:35 AM

And that's all she wrote...Right after I wrote that a hog came down to the pond...PIG DOWN, YEEHAW!
Posted By: JCB

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 12:36 AM

clap

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 12:39 AM

Best part is he flopped around squealing, then he limped off into the cedars. Hey. Buzzards gotta' eat too. Thanks for reading...That was fun.

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 12:56 AM

Good times! cheers

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 01:12 AM

Just got back to the house to reload, beer, that is. Picked up the spotlight and headed back to get him, or not. Depends on bad he's hit. My Wife's girlfriend wanted me to shoot her one. She's quite the chef. Back in an hour or so.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 01:19 AM

Just got back to the house to reload, beer, that is. Picked up the spotlight and headed back to get him, or not. Depends on bad he's hit. My Wife's girlfriend wanted me to shoot her one. She's quite the chef. Back in an hour or so.

Hope he don't have big teefhs and try to cut you up! What ever you do just make sure you don't drop your beer. grin
Posted By: texassippi

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 01:20 AM

Sounds interesting banana
Posted By: TXSIGNGUY

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 02:22 AM

banana up

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: texassippi

Sounds interesting banana
Hmmm. Maybe that's why she let's me stay here so much...Works for me confused2

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 02:44 AM

I almost forgot. My arch nemesis is dead. Found him up in some rough stuff. This part of our place looks like Rocksprings. Rough and rocky. After driving over my ankle with the 4 wheeler, I decided that the big bastage can be buzzard bait.

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 03:09 AM

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 03:10 AM

Thanks, Scott. Otherwise people do this worthless..One of these days I hope to be able to post my own pics and become one of them there I T gurus...Ankle is hurting. That is all.

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 03:18 AM

Note to self. Don't try to be Tarzan of the jungle. Especially at night.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 03:18 AM

So you shot this pig right at the bottom of the hill the camp is on?

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 03:19 AM

I almost forgot. My arch nemesis is dead. Found him up in some rough stuff. This part of our place looks like Rocksprings. Rough and rocky. After driving over my ankle with the 4 wheeler, I decided that the big bastage can be buzzard bait.

How did you drive over your own ankle....uummmmm.....nevermind....buzzard bait! up

Time to... cheers
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 06:23 AM

Nice. cheers My buddy got his arch nemesis tonight too. We even rebuilt the stand only for him to find 100 yellow jackets in it but he still got it done after too many tries.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 03:02 PM

Well done my friend. cheers

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 03:06 PM

I was backing up slowly in the tall grass and got high centered on a big rock. The 4 wheeler was going over so I threw my leg down to stabilize it, then let off the gas and the bike rolled forward, crushing my ankle. Doesn't hurt this morning...Sidenote, I got another armadillo that was rooting up the yard too. That makes 3 this week.

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 03:07 PM

Thanks,Pitch. Ready to do it again this evening.

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
So you shot this pig right at the bottom of the hill the camp is on?
on the fence going into the next 200 acres.

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 03:11 PM

I don't think you've hunted that stand,Sapper.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/09/15 05:49 PM

I don't think you've hunted that stand,Sapper.
oh ok.
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/10/15 04:00 AM

I honestely love these threads. They almost put me in the hunt. Thanks for sharing ErathKid! My place is in Callahan county if you ever want to see some new terrain!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Erath-in the stand now part 3 - 10/10/15 04:28 PM

cheers on getting your arch nemesis... Sorry ta hear bout your ankle, tis nothing ta laugh about... Knee been poppen big time like me shoulder.. Had ta give up my archery hunts at OSBWMA... Need ta get doctors paper ta use crossbow... bang don't report your alian ankle ta Gov. rofl they don't give a crap... Workman's comp is a joke... You got lots of hog's were your at ? Think i got one pic of the other hog, since shot lucky... It was couple mornings after, no corn so it moved out... rofl guess tis how ya look at it.. Lucky got away & i got unlucky... Put more corn out, pic's of squirrels & birds, deer coming inta it last several days.. Took out backataps for grillen... Like you didn't get the quarters, dull knifes, got dark no flashlight, mosketto's, back started acting up... Did the best i could... Next day, spooked a yote, got several pics of buzzards & yote on clean up duty... Best wishes on ankle.. cheers on thread... flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum