Texas Hunting Forum

Chippewa's Snake boots

Posted By: USMCatfish

Chippewa's Snake boots - 10/05/15 05:12 PM

I am looking at getting a pair of snake boots. I read a lot of yall really like the Chippewa's brand. I am looking at getting the waterproof model and was wondering if they are truly waterproof and worth the extra money to get that style of boot.

Thank you
Steven
Posted By: Southtexas36

Re: Chippewa's Snake boots - 10/05/15 05:51 PM

I have that pair, they have been waterproof for me, mainly with the dew on buffel grass, cant say I've actually walked through water to test them out. I'd go with a snakeproof rubber boot if that's what you're looking to do with them.

Only downside is they are a really hot boot.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Chippewa's Snake boots - 10/05/15 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Southtexas36
I have that pair, they have been waterproof for me, mainly with the dew on buffel grass, cant say I've actually walked through water to test them out. I'd go with a snakeproof rubber boot if that's what you're looking to do with them.

Only downside is they are a really hot boot.

Yes Sir...Love mine but they get Warm

Re: Chippewa's Snake boots - 10/05/15 06:06 PM

Do the Chippewa's get warmer then other snake boots?
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Chippewa's Snake boots - 10/05/15 06:09 PM

I wear mine when it is hot and don't notice. I normally have shorts on if it is hot. They are not tight on the calf so they get air flow in there.
Posted By: JCB

Re: Chippewa's Snake boots - 10/05/15 06:12 PM

I have walked through about 8" of standing water and my feet were completly dry. That was when they were about a year old. Haven't been through that kind of water since then so can't say if they are still 100% water proof. They still keep my feet dry in soaked grass though.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Chippewa's Snake boots - 10/05/15 06:21 PM

I have that same pair, had them for just over a year now. Walked through standing water a number of times and they kept my feet dry. They're not hot to me either. I like them a lot.

Re: Chippewa's Snake boots - 10/05/15 06:59 PM

Well with my bird legs there should be lots of air flow between me and the boot.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum