Texas Hunting Forum

Fire

Posted By: JKC

Fire - 09/25/15 05:30 PM

Just received a call from our landowner telling me we had a fire. In my opinion we got lucky as we only lost one stand, it jumped around the feeder which he said is still throwing corn and into the canyon. Forest service came and bulldozed around it and it appears to be burned out and over with. Lost about 60 acres but it could have been alot worse.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Fire - 09/25/15 05:33 PM

I hope everything is alright at your place. Same thing happened to us a few years ago. We pulled these pics from a game camera. Crazy!

Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Fire - 09/25/15 05:34 PM

Glad it was not worse...what area?

Re: Fire - 09/25/15 05:36 PM

West of Ozona off Sheffield exit our landowner says he dodged a bullet and feels all is well now.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Fire - 09/25/15 06:42 PM

On the plus side you'll have60 acres of fresh new growth next year
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Fire - 09/25/15 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
I hope everything is alright at your place. Same thing happened to us a few years ago. We pulled these pics from a game camera. Crazy!

How much corn are you throwing? Was all of that there because of the fire? It just looks like there is 10 lbs of corn under that feeder.
Posted By: Western

Re: Fire - 09/25/15 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: rickym
On the plus side you'll have60 acres of fresh new growth next year

up

After the "bad part", fire is natures cleansing and re-birth tool.
Posted By: 300j

Re: Fire - 09/26/15 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42

Chad, did you reup on the same place in Throckmorton as last year?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Fire - 09/26/15 01:25 AM

If you get some rain in that area ASAP that will be the best hunting spot on the lease till it freezes. Glad it was contained at 60 acres.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Fire - 09/26/15 01:35 AM

Hope it gets some rain, it'll be very lush if it does.

On the bright side, if there is another fire in the area the black will be the safe place to be.
Posted By: Phantom

Re: Fire - 09/26/15 01:45 AM

I used to hunt the areas that had burned the year or two before. The growth always brought in great deer. I wish you luck.
Posted By: txsrig

Re: Fire - 09/26/15 06:20 AM

Awesome pics.

Re: Fire - 09/26/15 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
If you get some rain in that area ASAP that will be the best hunting spot on the lease till it freezes. Glad it was contained at 60 acres.

Hopefully... Perfect food plot , it did open the area up so you can cover a lot more area
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Fire - 09/26/15 04:56 PM

I also agree about the benefits of fire as long as it's not a total burn out. Controlled or limited burns do really good things.
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Fire - 09/28/15 03:46 AM

What started it?
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Fire - 09/28/15 03:46 AM

Not someone driving through with there truck bed on fire was it?

Re: Fire - 09/28/15 04:37 PM

Mike he said it was a lightning strike, no on the truck bed because you weren't around stir
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Fire - 09/28/15 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: JKC
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Hopefully... Perfect food plot , it did open the area up so you can cover a lot more area

This^^^^
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Fire - 09/28/15 05:29 PM

A new experiment. Does feed corn pop in a barrel? nidea scratch
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum