Texas Hunting Forum

Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6!

Posted By: ChadTRG42

Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/16/15 01:18 PM

Vote YES for Prop 6 on Nov. 3.

Proposition 6 proposes an amendment to the Texas Constitution that establishes an individual right to hunt, fish and harvest wildlife in the Lone Star State. It would ensure that wildlife conservation and management decisions continue to be based on sound science in order to preserve Texas' hunting heritage for generations to come and to protect it against future attacks from well-funded, anti-hunting organizations. Not only are hunting and fishing deep-rooted in Texas culture, they have a major economic impact on the state. According to the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation, the Lone Star State's hunters and anglers spend $4.1 billion annually and support 65,993 jobs.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150617...ber-2015-ballot
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/16/15 06:17 PM

How many amendments will the State Constitution have after this???

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/16/15 09:41 PM

Good question. The NRA-ILA sent out a big mailer to all FFL's with bumper stickers and fliers to get the word out.
Posted By: rob valle

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/16/15 10:17 PM

I would say that Big Business and "sound science" rarely go hand in hand. But hey sounds good so far!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/17/15 03:49 AM

Thanks for the heads up Chad. texas
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/17/15 02:05 PM

I'm all in favor of protecting our right to hunt and fish but I have an extreme distrust for all things government, local,state and especially federal. What does this amendment ensure that our current Texas constitution dosen't? Believe me I'm not trying to be a smart [censored] but I'm always on the look out for our politicians to try and add something to it that they hope will fly under the radar! Baker
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/23/15 02:25 PM

Thanks Chad for the info. I will be passing it on.
texas
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/23/15 05:22 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I too will be passing it on. As poorly attended as off cycle elections are attended we need to get every vote out that we can because the PETA affiliated groups will turn out to defeat something like this.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/23/15 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Elkhunter49
I'm all in favor of protecting our right to hunt and fish but I have an extreme distrust for all things government, local,state and especially federal. What does this amendment ensure that our current Texas constitution dosen't? Believe me I'm not trying to be a smart [censored] but I'm always on the look out for our politicians to try and add something to it that they hope will fly under the radar! Baker

The right to hunt and fish is not currently guaranteed in writing in the Texas constitution. It's not currently a right. Just something we get to do. This amendment would set it in stone that it is a right. Any kind of law that would be anti hunting would require a ratification of the Constitution if this passed.
Posted By: rbw1

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/23/15 08:51 PM

I'm darn sure voting for it.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/28/15 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: rbw1
I'm darn sure voting for it.

+1
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/28/15 10:06 AM

we need to urge every one even non hunters " that are not against it" to get out and vote with us, I am telling you, there are a lot of anti hunting people that have moved into the state that are against it.
Posted By: Enter Standman

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 09/28/15 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunt Dog
How many amendments will the State Constitution have after this???

485, I think.

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/03/15 06:01 PM

bump
Posted By: CTR

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/03/15 08:12 PM

I am having a hard time voting yes on this one, even though I know I should. The last bit about subject to the laws blah blah blah. My tinfoil hat alter ego says that's just a power grab from TPWD. That's like saying you have the right to bear arms but, you have to bear the arms we allow you. I dunno...
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/03/15 08:14 PM

voted yes!
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/04/15 04:28 AM

Looks like it is going to pass by a lot.
Posted By: decook

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/04/15 11:58 AM

I did my part

flag
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/04/15 01:20 PM

It easily passed.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/04/15 02:58 PM

Happy News this morning hearing that it passed!!!!
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/04/15 03:06 PM

texas Leading the Way ... The right ta hunt & fish... flag
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Texas Right to Hunt and Fish- GO VOTE!! YES for Prop 6! - 11/04/15 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: decook
I did my part

flag

cheers Did my part 30 years ago as a young MN cowboy when started making tripple the income, invested in a 401K were worked, supporting family of 4... Got on a hunting lease, like many texasHF posters, supporting landowners... Invested in a small camper & made it a family thing... Stood up ta credit advisers, kept hunting on leases, while economy was good & payed the bills... Some one once said: ya can't fix stupid... rofl As pappy once said: Tis why i'm going broke... Due ta Gov shut down, will be sitting out hunt & fish this year... flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum