Texas Hunting Forum

Don't make it complicated

Posted By: cmc

Don't make it complicated - 08/26/15 11:49 PM

Sorry just realized this is long and not very well written but oh well.

I was considering an elk hunt this year and started thinking of all the gear I "had" to have. I'm not a gear junky, in fact I often don't even take what I do need so when I started thinking of what I needed I thought back to my first elk hunt. Back in 1997 I was 18 years old, I had no real direction in life and was and still am mostly uneducated so I pretty much just ran around like an idiot hunting and living like a bum. When October came that year I said hell with it I'll go try to kill an elk in Colorado.

I drove to Colorado bought a license at the first gas station and drove up a mountain and went to sleep. I had a borrowed 30-06, a summer tent, one pair of not warm boots, and no camo, no guide, no nothing. Long story short I used what I knew about hunting to kill a 5x5 on public land. Did I get lucky? Hell yes I did. Could I have gotten lucky if I wasn't in the woods? Hell no I couldn't.

I hear people all the time worry about the right camo, the right scent cover, this bullet, that bullet and they let this effect their time in the woods or even how they feel about what they took. Hunting is not that hard, deer are not as smart as the guy selling the next big buck secret would have you believe.

Yes they have a good nose, so don't hunt where they can smell you, yes they see pretty well, so don't hunt where they can see you, yes they hear well so don't make a bunch of noise.
There's no reason to buy brand new everything every year because Lee and Tiffany did, use what you got and get out there.

Hunting skills can be applied to hunting anywhere, once you learn how to hunt and use the land, the wind, the sun, and trees to your advantage you can kill any critter anywhere. Don't make it hard. The best way to learn is to be out there. Deer are not that hard to kill and I promise they won't mind a bit if you shoot a 140 grain or 180 grain bullet. Don't worry about it, learn to shoot and go shoot something.

Last year my friend who hunted probably more hours than most of you reading this but has never fired a gun in his life bought me a pack of broad heads from Walmart, the cheapest ones they had on clearance. They were on clearance because no one bought them because this company does not have a Rage size advertisement compain. These heads were sharp and flew straight, I killed two deer and a hog with the three heads. He couldn't believe I used them on a deer and when I asked why wouldn't I, he said I just never seen this kind on TV or anybody use them. I quickly explained how he had been duped. I'm not saying if Rage called and said we would like you to shoot our heads I wouldn't, because I would they work, but I'm not gonna spend $40 on heads when a $5 head will work. An inch is an inch is an inch, no matter who makes the head if you poke a hole in a deers lungs one inch wide he WILL die period.

I don't have to shoot what I shoot, I could buy a new bow every year or I can take $1000 and go hunting. Learning the skill of hunting and the art of stalking is way more important than the brand you use.
Keep it simple and don't think the brand is what killed that deer, it was you and your skill that killed it.
I catch more hell for the gear I use than anybody Ive ever seen and I kill at least a half dozen animals with a bow a year and that many more with a gun. Once you realize your skills are why you take more game and not because you had some Bone Collector garb you'll have more fun and the only way to become more skillful is to be out there learning.
I'm not running down anyone's style if it's working for you by all means continue to do it but don't let the lack of a new bow or the lack of the best advertised broadhead keep you away from the woods.

Ive seen several people on this forum asking questions about will this kill a deer, will this kill a hog, the answer to all these questions is yes, it's always yes, if you have the skill then most anything will work.

I taught my kid long ago about shot placement and how to read a deers body language, watch his tail, is he alert is relaxed. All these things will make your hunt better so that you don't have to blame your poor shot placement on a bullet or a broadhead. When a deer jumps the string and your Rage hits high and the deer don't die it's not the Rages fault, it's your fault. When you shoot at a deer walking and hit him in the brisket and find a little blood and some hair but no deer it's not Core Lokts fault, if you had hit that deer in the lungs you'd be on here telling us how great of a bullet they are.

Well I'm rambling, my point is go hunting, stay out of Cabelas, learn how to hunt not how TV tells you to hunt. It's not that hard don't make it complicated.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 12:00 AM

banana cheers banana banana cheers banana banana cheers banana banana cheers banana banana cheers banana banana cheers banana

banana cheers banana banana cheers banana banana cheers banana banana cheers banana banana cheers banana banana cheers banana

Posted By: Western

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 12:19 AM

Said the same thing for years, put down that Field and Stream and get in the woods.

Good "rant" CMC
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 12:35 AM

Well done up
And Happy Birthday
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 12:58 AM

Absolutely awesome! This will be a mandatory read for both my boys(19 and 21).
Very well said.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 01:05 AM

cheers
Posted By: woolyhogtail

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 01:15 AM

way to go, truer words were never spoken
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 01:51 AM

AMEN! happy3
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 02:06 AM

One of the best rants I have read on here clap
Posted By: Bobby Frey

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 02:12 AM

Good stuff
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 02:33 AM

It's true.

I'd be willing to wager that there are many guys who spend more time at Cabelas/Bass Pro and watching hunting shows than spending time in the woods.

Example: Both Cabela's and BassPro have a fall weekend "campout" event where Dads bring their kids to the store for a weekend and they sleep in a tent, watch videos, eat stuff from the little restaurant inside the stores, try out gear, etc. All inside the store.

All I can think of is how sad that is. I mean, if you can do that - take your kid camping outdoors for heaven's sake!!
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 02:40 AM

up
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 02:43 AM

Didn't find your diatribe to be rambling in the least confused2

Your words were obviously founded in experience. You did a fabulous job of articulating something so complex.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
It's true.

I'd be willing to wager that there are many guys who spend more time at Cabelas/Bass Pro and watching hunting shows than spending time in the woods.

Example: Both Cabela's and BassPro have a fall weekend "campout" event where Dads bring their kids to the store for a weekend and they sleep in a tent, watch videos, eat stuff from the little restaurant inside the stores, try out gear, etc. All inside the store.

All I can think of is how sad that is. I mean, if you can do that - take your kid camping outdoors for heaven's sake!!

That makes me feel bad, for the kids. They would be better off if they were in boy scouts at the least
Posted By: erok11

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 03:42 AM

Well said ... cheers
Posted By: therancher

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 03:53 AM

Awesome rant!

But I still accept the fact that some people need/want a different experience. And I'm fine with that.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By: therancher
Awesome rant!

But I still accept the fact that some people need/want a different experience. And I'm fine with that.

I would agree. I have a buddy that shows up at the first of the season in the newest camo, has the latest bow, designer arrows, a bag full of gadgets and gimmicks, and he loves every minute of it. Says that he gets to start "hunting" before all the others. I don't think he can drive past a Cabela's or BPS without seeing what is on the shelves. More power to him
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 04:01 AM

Enjoyed the post clap
Posted By: passthru

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 04:11 AM

Happy birthday.
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 04:16 AM

I agree but I also don't begrudge someone elses way to experience their life.

If you mind your own business you won't be minding mine.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 04:19 AM

You and I can argue till we're blue in the face about baseball/football, but not on this subject at hand. Great job and well said. The guys on my lease keep picking at me because I'm the only one left riding the lease on a four wheeler while they're sporting $15K-$20K side by sides.

I tell them the four wheeler works just fine and hell I can even drive my darn truck to my spot to fill feeders. Different stuff for different folks I suppose.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 04:25 AM

Example:

BIL: .257 Mag, muzzle break, nightforce, and entire gun coated desert camo to shoot deer @ 100 yards. Cost: $5,000

Me: .270 with a Nikon 4.5X14 to shoot the same distance. Cost: Not remotely close in comparison.

Would I like to have his set-up? Well hell yes. Do I need it? Not at all. It's all about priorities.
Posted By: cmc

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 10:11 AM

I ain't saying what other people do is the wrong way unless it keeps you from being out there. I got a buddy gets a new rifle about once a year, he has over 30, I'm all for it but he also hunts less because of it. If guns are your thing then go for it but don't buy a $3000 rifle and then have to work four Saturday's out of deer season to pay for it and not get to use it. An old man told me once, invest in the experience you'll be better for it.
Posted By: decook

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 11:06 AM

Cmc this is well "rit" and a true message at the same time. Thanks, this is a timeless post.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
Awesome rant!

I would agree. I have a buddy that shows up at the first of the season in the newest camo, has the latest bow, designer arrows, a bag full of gadgets and gimmicks, and he loves every minute of it. Says that he gets to start "hunting" before all the others. I don't think he can drive past a Cabela's or BPS without seeing what is on the shelves. More power to him
Posted By: upsslim

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 12:06 PM

I'm 66 yrs. old and I learned to deer hunt in the timber company woods of northwest Louisiana leaned up against a tree with a Stevens bolt action 12 ga. and OO buck. Killed a lot of deer. Always believed in making myself a part of the woods. I didn't own camo for the first 10 yrs. I hunted. Closest thing to camo was my Air Force field jacket. I've been on "Big Time" high fence hunts with my son and the Texas Youth Hunting Program. This type of hunting is nice but I still prefer my old style. I don't have a lease. Now days if I get drawn for a public hunt that's how I hunt. Driving to the woods in my 1998 4-wheeler. Sitting real still in a lawn chair in a ground blind I made. Watching a trail or a scrape. I have some camo shirts, still wear jeans and now I shoot a 308 I bought from a divorced lady friend. I've never used any scents or a feeder. My clothes are washed in Tide. I still manage to get a deer now and then for my family to eat. I agree with the OP. Everybody is free to do their own thing but for me it's keep it simple and not complicated. Just as much fun and a whole lot cheaper.
Posted By: PanhandleAggie

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: titan2232
Example:

BIL: .257 Mag, muzzle break, nightforce, and entire gun coated desert camo to shoot deer @ 100 yards. Cost: $5,000

Me: .270 with a Nikon 4.5X14 to shoot the same distance. Cost: Not remotely close in comparison.

Would I like to have his set-up? Well hell yes. Do I need it? Not at all. It's all about priorities.

Exactly! I window shop all of the time but, 9 out of 10 times I stick with what I've got and thank God every day for it.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 12:43 PM

Awesome rant!

Exactly. We all do it differently and that is fine. I have little interest in the latest calibers and newest camo. I know what works for me and I don't need anyone's opinion on that.

CMC, this has to be one of the greatest posts ever on THF.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 02:00 PM

I giggle when I'm at Academy, watching guys surveying all of the deer "attractants".

It's like watching a woman pick out the perfect pair of shoes.

http://www.academy.com/shop/browse/hunting/hog-hunting/attractants

There must be 50+ to choose from. People keep buying it and the manufacturers keep coming up with attractive products / promotions.

Saw a commercial on this one last night with Michael Waddell pimping it.

[img]http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/evolved-...ildCatid=859499[/img]
Posted By: PMK

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 02:05 PM

up excellent write up! similar to my comment over in the 2015 CO elk discussion about making things too complicated or making a big production out of packing and what to take. I like to keep things simple but I will probably over pack just in case.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 02:25 PM

Awesome rant!

Scooter? confused2
Posted By: Tru2lifetaxidermy

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 02:30 PM

Love the write up. I have hunted both ways. Still use cameras cause I like the pics and feed to get those pics of all different animals. However, I also go to public lands all over the country to hunt and when I do its with minimal gear. A friend and I a few years ago had this same discussion while having some cold ones at camp. We decided to go "old school". Bought the red flannel shirt, Elmer fud hat and blue jeans. Went to SD antelope hunting with long bows/cedar arrows and old solid broad heads found on eBay. Spot and stalk hunt left us short on arrows and we flung enough arrows to make Ted nugent blush, did kill a damn thing but we had our chances. Most fun/memorable hunt I've ever been on!
Posted By: tlk

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 03:02 PM

Actually I like it all - I enjoy browsing through Cabelas and Bass Pro - I enjoy buying hunting related gear. I watch a lot of hunting shows and read a lot of hunting information. But I also have hunted all my life and spend much time in the field and working on and at our deer lease. Have slept on the ground in the mountains and crawled up and down some bad a** mountains in all kinds of weather and conditions.

So I agree with your rant that at the end of the day it is about getting out and going hunting - but I also think the whole hunting experience is fun
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Choctaw
Awesome rant!

Exactly. We all do it differently and that is fine. I have little interest in the latest calibers and newest camo. I know what works for me and I don't need anyone's opinion on that.

Getting new stuff and decked out in new camo for the season opener is very similar to going out and buying a new outfit to wear to church on Easter Sunday. One trumps the other, but it's a special occasion for a lot of people.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
Originally Posted By: Choctaw
Awesome rant!

Getting new stuff and decked out in new camo for the season opener is very similar to going out and buying a new outfit to wear to church on Easter Sunday. One trumps the other, but it's a special occasion for a lot of people.

Those "people" you are talking about are women right?

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 03:20 PM

Nope. I always grab a new camo outfit for season..may not wear it for 5 years, but I'll get it.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 03:23 PM

I only buy new camo outfit if my belly gets too big to fit in the old.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 03:33 PM

Isnt there a song with a line that goes something like...

"Don't call what you're wearing an OUTFIT"

eek2
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 03:37 PM

Good post, CMC!
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 04:57 PM

I like the "stuff" as much as anybody. I'm just not under the illusion it is all that important in getting game in the scheme of things.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 06:12 PM

It's all about the money!
I started out hunting in jeans and a flannel shirt, usually red/black plaid shirts to be seen so you didn't get shot. Wasn't much camo to be had but plenty of field jackets around.
No four wheelers, or fancy deer stands, just wooden steps nailed to the trunk of a tree, and some boards nailed into the tree to sit on.
It was simple and my rifle was a surplus .303 British picked up for around $13.00 at the local Fed Mart.
We killed a lot of deer back then!
BTW..I still have that .303 British and I could hunt with it today if I wanted to.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Thundervee
Awesome rant!

Scooter? confused2

roflmao

No Dave and CMC know my give a ... Switch is Broke roflmao

Great write up Chris!!

You will never share a more enjoyable time in the field than you do with CMC, love Hunting with him..and his Brother is a Dear friend of mine also..

The difference in CMC and and some.. He practices what he preaches trust me unlike SOME on here, he's earned a right to be critical and he's Respectful and Courteous and not condescending of people's choices of Hunting Methods up
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/27/15 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
It's all about the money!
I started out hunting in jeans and a flannel shirt, usually red/black plaid shirts to be seen so you didn't get shot. Wasn't much camo to be had but plenty of field jackets around.
No four wheelers, or fancy deer stands, just wooden steps nailed to the trunk of a tree, and some boards nailed into the tree to sit on.
It was simple and my rifle was a surplus .303 British picked up for around $13.00 at the local Fed Mart.
We killed a lot of deer back then!
BTW..I still have that .303 British and I could hunt with it today if I wanted to.

All Pops ever used was a old .303 Jimbo, camo is overrated up
Posted By: Deep Sea

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/28/15 12:37 AM

I just spent $266 on Amazon on gear for the CO elk hunt. Most was for safety, survival, cold weather gear and most I could do without. At the same time, 1k miles from home in cold and unfamiliar territory is not where I want to skimp too much. Probably would have when I was in my teens. I actually did trips similar to CMC's except not hunting (wasn't quite into that yet) and similarly equipped. As in I had nothing more than what I left the house with or that was left in my truck. Spent many a nights out in the Washington mts without even a sleeping bag. Good times, as are all the times I am out in the woods.
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/28/15 02:35 PM

Excellent post! I started out buying all the "right stuff" fortunately there wasn't all that much "stuff" back then... Over time I learned what I was doing and didn't need the "stuff" anymore. It's funny look at all the animals Chuck Adams took back in the 70's and 80's. He wore a flannel shirt and his stocking cap...never wore camo anything. He does today but that's just sponsor money.
Posted By: billybob

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/28/15 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

X2

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/28/15 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Deep Sea
I just spent $266 on Amazon on gear for the CO elk hunt. Most was for safety, survival, cold weather gear and most I could do without. At the same time, 1k miles from home in cold and unfamiliar territory is not where I want to skimp too much. Probably would have when I was in my teens. I actually did trips similar to CMC's except not hunting (wasn't quite into that yet) and similarly equipped. As in I had nothing more than what I left the house with or that was left in my truck. Spent many a nights out in the Washington mts without even a sleeping bag. Good times, as are all the times I am out in the woods.

Sometimes it's necessary. Some places it's just not worth going in with nothing, search and rescue won't know where to find you in time.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/28/15 04:06 PM

Well played Sir! cheers
Posted By: Emmett

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/28/15 06:04 PM

Awesome post, thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Opening Day

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/28/15 08:30 PM

Very true. I don't mind watching Tiffany hunt though.
Posted By: denton

Re: Don't make it complicated - 08/28/15 08:41 PM

Posted By: RedRaider13

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/01/15 01:44 PM

You make some very good points!
Posted By: Franklin517

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/05/15 03:38 AM

Great post. I have 1 old camo shirt and have been using the same old federal blue box ammo for years. Kills animals dead
Posted By: Hirogen

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/05/15 04:00 AM

It's true.

We call these people citiots in my part of the world.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/05/15 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: cmc
Sorry just realized this is long and not very well written but oh well.

I was considering an elk hunt this year and started thinking of all the gear I "had" to have. I'm not a gear junky, in fact I often don't even take what I do need so when I started thinking of what I needed I thought back to my first elk hunt. Back in 1997 I was 18 years old, I had no real direction in life and was and still am mostly uneducated so I pretty much just ran around like an idiot hunting and living like a bum. When October came that year I said hell with it I'll go try to kill an elk in Colorado.

I drove to Colorado bought a license at the first gas station and drove up a mountain and went to sleep. I had a borrowed 30-06, a summer tent, one pair of not warm boots, and no camo, no guide, no nothing. Long story short I used what I knew about hunting to kill a 5x5 on public land. Did I get lucky? Hell yes I did. Could I have gotten lucky if I wasn't in the woods? Hell no I couldn't.

Well I'm rambling, my point is go hunting, stay out of Cabelas, learn how to hunt not how TV tells you to hunt. It's not that hard don't make it complicated.

cheers short of it is, sometimes its just being in right place at right time... Best wishes ta all this comring hunting season... Stay Safe flag
Posted By: Deep Sea

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/05/15 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Hirogen
It's true.

Citiots! now that is funny. We always called anybody like that "Houston Hunters" didn't really matter where they were from, if they showed up with new gear and big grin, we had their number.
Posted By: Cajunrotor

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/07/15 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: ZK-315
I only buy new camo outfit if my belly gets too big to fit in the old.

X2!
roflmao
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/08/15 02:22 PM

cheers Good thread! popcorn You guys keeping it nice! up
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/08/15 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish
cheers Good thread! popcorn You guys keeping it nice! up

cheers flag
Posted By: TxDispatcher

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/16/15 04:41 PM

Hit the nail on the head cheers sometimes we make it much more complicated than it is. My uncle hunts Sam Houston National Forest, and Davy Crockett, and kills deer every year. Wearing blue jeans, and a plaid shirt rofl but if you were to set up out there and wait on him, he would be underneath your feet before you even knew it up that old man is a dang ninja in the woods, which is way more important than camo and scent blocker. He uses the wind, hunts a LONG ways in to get away from the "casual" hunters, and cleans his kills where they lay and packs them out wrapped in garbage bags inside a couple of backpacks. When it gets real cold, you'll see him in his old olive drab green army coat grin he gets a kick out of some of our relatives who buy the "latest and greatest" apparel and gimmicks, because they say "you can't kill deer without it" even tho he's done it for 60 years
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/16/15 09:41 PM

same with fishing
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/17/15 01:18 PM

But Tiffany is kinda hot. food

Great post. I agree 100%
Posted By: tworod

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/22/15 09:00 PM

Great post, I do like to window shop for sure but they are too high priced for me, Still use my original coast to coast 12ga I got for 100 and my old savage 3006 for 150, they both kill just fine. Great read for sure.
Posted By: TFF Caribou

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/22/15 09:03 PM

I've been on a "soft points get it done" campaign for a while now.
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/22/15 09:26 PM

I want to print that out, laminate it, and put it in the box blinds for my hunters. LOL! Thanks for the write-up.
Posted By: huntinfishinsumb

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/22/15 09:55 PM

clap
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/23/15 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Hirogen
It's true.

I'm sure people that live urban America have a name for you too only because they don't understand your way of life. No offense, but everyone does not grow up with parents that have camping, hunting, fishing, et al in their heritage. I am happy that I was surrounded by family that did but I do not begrudge a parent that's willing to get out of their comfort zone to have some experiences with their kid that they may not have been afforded as a youth. I've been working on my boss for years to get on our lease. I think all of the stories and pictures finally clicked. He signed up this year with ZERO hunting experience. I will be holding his (and his sons) hand along the way because I know I will make them life long fans once they see how nice it is. After touring our property, he's already in the market for a Ranger. What's sad is that there are a lot of people that will never get to experience what we do and it's only because no one took the time to introduce them to it.
Posted By: mreed

Re: Don't make it complicated - 09/23/15 07:04 PM

Soo what you're saying is that I shouldn't have bought all that matching under amour camo, Mathews HTR bow, the newest Rage 6" cut broadhead, and 50 lbs of Primos Swamp Donkey attractant just to kill a deer when bow season opens?!? bang I don't even know which way is up now!! hammer
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum