Texas Hunting Forum

Opinions

Posted By: allterrain

Opinions - 08/22/15 03:28 PM

Checking my camera sticks today and the horns are looking good this year especially for my area. This guy has character and main beams that cross. Looks to be 4 years maybe older and score close to 140. ??????

Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Opinions - 08/22/15 03:32 PM

I'd say 3.5, mid 130s.
Posted By: Western

Re: Opinions - 08/22/15 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
I'd say 3.5, mid 130s.

What I was thinking upper 120-low 130, sure a purdy buck.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Opinions - 08/22/15 04:31 PM

3.5 for sure!
Posted By: rickym

Re: Opinions - 08/22/15 04:48 PM

Yeah I was thinkin a 3 year old as well

Re: Opinions - 08/22/15 05:08 PM

Some of the pics he looks older and others make him look young. His neck is a bit thin and I was giving him a better score for the longer main beams. We will hold off for a couple more years and see if he makes it.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Opinions - 08/22/15 05:18 PM

Low 130's
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Opinions - 08/22/15 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Western
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
I'd say 3.5, mid 130s.

What I was thinking upper 120-low 130, sure a purdy buck.

Looks about what I would think...
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Opinions - 08/22/15 11:34 PM

How much control do you have over the area? If you think that somebody else might kill him, then he would be a nice buck to take yourself. If you can let him go another year and you think that nobody else will shoot him, he will be a lot nicer next year, and probably at his peak in two more years. Then he would be a trophy of a lifetime!!

Re: Opinions - 08/23/15 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
How much control do you have over the area? If you think that somebody else might kill him, then he would be a nice buck to take yourself. If you can let him go another year and you think that nobody else will shoot him, he will be a lot nicer next year, and probably at his peak in two more years. Then he would be a trophy of a lifetime!!

I hunt 450 acres in coleman that is somewhat isolated except the west side of the property where this deer is at and the deer can become mature here. The genetics in this area are fair so it is just exciting to see a deer with potential and hope he makes it and sticks around a couple more years.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Opinions - 08/23/15 03:50 AM

Low 130's and a great looking young buck.
Posted By: kpg4923

Re: Opinions - 08/23/15 03:58 AM

3.5. If I thought he could make it another year I would let him walk. If I thought he would get shot I would shoot him.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Opinions - 08/23/15 04:32 AM

I agree. If your not worried about the neighbors then let him walk, if you are then your choice but he would look pretty on your wall. It could be worth a shot to reach out to the neighbors and have everyone agree to let him walk and grow/pass on his genes. up
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Opinions - 08/23/15 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By: allterrain

I hunt 450 acres in coleman that is somewhat isolated except the west side of the property where this deer is at and the deer can become mature here. The genetics in this area are fair so it is just exciting to see a deer with potential and hope he makes it and sticks around a couple more years.

coolpics Best wishes... flag
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum