Texas Hunting Forum

Spraying weeds near feeder

Posted By: 300j

Spraying weeds near feeder - 08/11/15 01:10 AM

Is it too close to season to spray roundup or something similar w/o running off all the deer? Not really looking to spray around the feeder, just need to hit an area between the blind and feeder. I have no access to anything large enough to mow it all down.
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Spraying weeds near feeder - 08/11/15 01:53 AM

Depends on the rain, IMO.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Spraying weeds near feeder - 08/11/15 02:21 AM

If it's just weeds, take a cattle panel or an old gate and drag it with a chain behind your truck or UTV. Several passes ought to knock it down.
Posted By: Axisking

Re: Spraying weeds near feeder - 08/11/15 02:49 AM

If it's literally weeds, then spot spray with remedy. Odorless and only controls broad leafs/woody plants, not grasses
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Spraying weeds near feeder - 08/11/15 06:12 PM

We spray, shred, disk etc. all the time and it has little effect on the deer.
Posted By: YellowDog

Re: Spraying weeds near feeder - 08/11/15 06:31 PM

If you have livestock on the place. Put some alfalfa out. Let the livestock crush down the weeds
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Spraying weeds near feeder - 08/11/15 06:39 PM

Roundup is just a salt and harmless. I spray it throughout the year in from my 300 gallon tank and 2 gallon hand sprayer. My pig, which was born wild but has been a pet for the last five years will follow me around when I'm spraying and drink it right from the sprayer head. Something about the flavor of it is just irresistible to him
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Spraying weeds near feeder - 08/11/15 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
Roundup is just a salt and harmless. I spray it throughout the year in from my 300 gallon tank and 2 gallon hand sprayer. My pig, which was born wild but has been a pet for the last five years will follow me around when I'm spraying and drink it right from the sprayer head. Something about the flavor of it is just irresistible to him

A farmer I know said you could drink roundup and it wouldn't hurt you... ill pass on that, but it doesn't seem to hurt much.
Posted By: WTX

Re: Spraying weeds near feeder - 08/11/15 07:14 PM

eeks333
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum