Texas Hunting Forum

Non Resident dove, hog, varmint, and exotic license questions

Posted By: Swamp Rabbit

Non Resident dove, hog, varmint, and exotic license questions - 07/21/15 09:38 PM

Looks to me like all I need is the Non-Resident Five-Day Special Hunting and Migratory Game Bird Stamp. Am I correct in this assumption? I tried ordering online, but after I put in my address it would only give me the option of Non-Resident licenses and the Migratory stamp wasnt listed. Is this a program error or is the stamp not yet out for the coming season. Thanks for the help.
Posted By: sillyhorses

Re: Non Resident dove, hog, varmint, and exotic license questions - 07/21/15 10:06 PM

Don't hold me true to this, but I'm guessing you'll need the non-res REGULAR hunting license & then plus the migratory stamp. $$$$$$$$$$
Posted By: PMK

Re: Non Resident dove, hog, varmint, and exotic license questions - 07/21/15 10:23 PM

no clue on what you might need, but I don't believe even residents can buy a license until mid August (might be early August) for the upcoming hunting season which goes Sept. 1 thru Aug. 31.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Non Resident dove, hog, varmint, and exotic license questions - 07/22/15 02:04 PM

Hunting licenses for the upcoming season usually go on sale August 15. At least that is usually the case.
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Non Resident dove, hog, varmint, and exotic license questions - 07/22/15 02:14 PM

Sales for new licenses always begin on August 15th!
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Non Resident dove, hog, varmint, and exotic license questions - 07/22/15 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: sillyhorses
Don't hold me true to this, but I'm guessing you'll need the non-res REGULAR hunting license & then plus the migratory stamp. $$$$$$$$$$
If he is not going to hunt deer, he does not need this license.
OP, you are correct on the license you need, but like has been stated, Aug 15 or later is when you can purchase for the 2015-2016 season.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Non Resident dove, hog, varmint, and exotic license questions - 07/22/15 10:55 PM

They aren't allowing purchase of the migratory bird endorsement yet because that season is set by the feds and if you buy it now it will expire before the season opens. You can buy a general hunting license whenever you want. What dates are you putting in?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum