Texas Hunting Forum

T-post camera mount

Posted By: Wilhunt

T-post camera mount - 07/11/15 02:13 PM

Seems there was a THF member who sold these mounts. The info was posted not long ago and I did not write the info down. Do you hve the information?

Thanks!
Posted By: big-perm

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/11/15 02:19 PM

Gunnyart.com
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/11/15 02:49 PM

I just wrap a piece of wire through the back brackets of my game camera and around the T post. It's been there for two years now without any problems.
Posted By: aeb

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/11/15 03:18 PM

I have a couple of these that I bought from Trailcampro the last time that I ordered new cameras. Multiple ways that the camera can be adjusted is a big plus. If you have a threaded insert on the bottom of your camera, these are very simple to use.

Trailcampro Tpost info

Slate River T Post mount info
Posted By: passthru

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/11/15 03:43 PM

I have made a couple different ones using a chunk of treated lumber in a ready mix concrete base. Work great and are very mobile.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/11/15 04:14 PM

thanks for the information and suggestions...appreciate it.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/12/15 09:29 PM

Pretty fancy stuff there. When I want to tilt mine up or down, I wedge a rock behind it. Left to right is done by just turning the camera in that direction. Keep It Simple smile
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/12/15 11:33 PM

The Deerview Window guys have one.

T-post camera mount

Tie wire around a T-post is all I have done. A rock or cedar stick for adjustment.
Posted By: tlk

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/13/15 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
Pretty fancy stuff there. When I want to tilt mine up or down, I wedge a rock behind it. Left to right is done by just turning the camera in that direction. Keep It Simple smile

we did that too but found a $20 stand that goes up or down, sideways, anyway you want - place it wherever you want - works much easier than tying onto a post, etc. Academy has them
Posted By: aeb

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/13/15 02:05 AM

Primos also has one. Don't waste your money.
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/13/15 10:04 AM

I bought a camera tripod in a garage sale for $5 and used just the mast head and clamped it to a T-post with a hose clamp.
Posted By: tlk

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/13/15 10:45 AM

We run around 25 cameras and found these to work very well. Place anywhere and they swivel - can also raise and lower - use to bungee to a corner post, etc. This saves lots of time

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_716004_-1?ICID=CRT:021892963P
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/13/15 11:12 PM

I done this, use a treated 2x6 8-10" long use pipe clamps through the wood and around the T post then mount the camera to the wood (shim as needed).
If to rocky to drive T post, fill pail with concrete with T post in middle and then the wood, good if no cattle.
Posted By: r_u_sharp_2

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/15/15 07:20 PM

iI have a couple from Gunnyart. solid product at a decent price. My covert cams doent exactly work well with them due to the back of the camera having bumps. it angles the cam to far down.

i was looking for something else and stumbled on this little do it yourself gem...
http://cambushcamo.com/blogs/news/9586237-do-it-yourself-trail-camera-mount

has both wood/tree and t post instructions. I am going to make a couple up and stick them out next lease trip.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/16/15 04:56 AM

http://www.gunnyart.com/product/t-mate-game-camera-mount/
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/20/15 01:50 PM

I have always thought the camera mount needs to be stout enough for at least a squirrel's weight without upsetting its aim.

Posted By: ZK-315

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/20/15 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Reloder28
I have always thought the camera mount needs to be stout enough for at least a squirrel's weight without upsetting its aim.

Off topic, but whats the purpose of the panels flat on the ground? Is it to help keep critters from digging a hole out under the feeder or something?
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/21/15 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: ZK-315
Off topic, but whats the purpose of the panels flat on the ground? Is it to help keep critters from digging a hole out under the feeder or something?

Yes, sir. That is a 16' Cattle Panel cut in half. I put them down as you see and it keeps the hogs from rooting underneath the feeder. It has worked admirably for years.

That particular season the feeder had at least 20 hogs every night for two months straight. No rooting.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: T-post camera mount - 07/21/15 09:54 PM

up good to know. thanks
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum