Texas Hunting Forum

Texas Alligator Attack

Posted By: ndhunter

Texas Alligator Attack - 06/29/15 04:34 PM

Father, grandfather save boy in Texas alligator attack

WALLISVILLE, Texas -- A man and his teenage son on a fishing outing survived an alligator attack at Cedar Hill Park outside Houston.

According to the Chambers County Sheriff's Office, 42-year-old James Hurley and 13-year-old Kaleb Hurley were in Cedar Hill Park Sunday when an alligator bit the teenager on the arm and took him underwater while he was swimming near the bank of Lake Charlotte.

Mark Ford, Kaleb's grandfather, told CBS affiliate KHOU that he and Kaleb's father dove in to help.

"When we figured out what was going on, the alligator jerked Kaleb away from him," Ford said. "His dad and I got a hold of Kaleb and got him away from the alligator."

Authorities say the father was bitten by the same alligator on the leg and that James kicked the alligator it until released him.

Authorities said the father and son were transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital and were in serious but stable condition.

"He did something I would do as a father myself. My hats off to him," paramedic Ovielo Ocanas told KHOU. "He went and defended his son."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/father-grandfather-save-boy-in-texas-alligator-attack/
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Texas Alligator Attack - 06/29/15 04:50 PM

Good for them glad they were able to save the boy... that's gota be one of the most infested areas of Tx with Gators
Posted By: cheasapeake

Re: Texas Alligator Attack - 06/29/15 11:42 PM

I know that area well, Couldn't pay me enough money to swim in that part of the river.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Texas Alligator Attack - 06/30/15 05:50 PM

Do they hunt alligators in those parts?
Posted By: Cast

Re: Texas Alligator Attack - 06/30/15 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: ndhunter
Do they hunt alligators in those parts?

I'm betting the father will be.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum