Texas Hunting Forum

What To Do???????

Posted By: Catch Dog

What To Do??????? - 06/10/15 01:55 AM

Well I'm in a situation and need some legit advice. Moved back to the city couple of months ago and live rent free "one of my dads houses" House is old and small but livable, the question I need help with is, do I sink all my money into a remodel to make the house bigger/more comfortable, build a new one or buy some land to enjoy on the weekends/hunt! What yall think????
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: What To Do??????? - 06/10/15 01:58 AM

I'd buy me a small place to live and hunt on. Put me a small Morgan Cabin or similar. Then later on build me a home on it if I like the place.
Posted By: Catch Dog

Re: What To Do??????? - 06/10/15 02:06 AM

i can't live on it yet, places I've been looking are one-two hours from Fort Worth where my job is. Two hour commute is not in the near future.
Posted By: Western

Re: What To Do??????? - 06/10/15 10:34 AM

I would put the money where I think I would get the best return on it. You remodel the house, that would be great for your dads investment, I guess it would depend on y'alls arraignment.

There is quite a bit of land SW and West of ft worth within an hr that has hunting, out towards Weatherford, down around Granbury. Then you have Wise county North. Personally I'd rat hole my money and keep looking for something you can compromise on.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: What To Do??????? - 06/10/15 12:01 PM

You leave your dad's place better than you found it, but do not invest a lot of money into it. Remodeling is expensive.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: What To Do??????? - 06/10/15 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I'd buy me a small place to live and hunt on. Put me a small Morgan Cabin or similar. Then later on build me a home on it if I like the place.

up
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: What To Do??????? - 06/10/15 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Catch Dog
buy some land to enjoy on the weekends/hunt!

Maintain the house but go with this!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: What To Do??????? - 06/12/15 04:42 AM

Age, married, single, siblings?
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: What To Do??????? - 06/12/15 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Western
I would put the money where I think I would get the best return on it. You remodel the house, that would be great for your dads investment, I guess it would depend on y'alls arraignment.

What's that old saying about the three things that matter most in the value of a property? Location, location, and location. I would only invest a lot in the property if the location was worthy of it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum